Chapter 14- birthday pt 3

Hellooo people here is a part three to the story I've been writing. This isn't going to be a complete texting story, as I have a really good idea for this. Hope you enjoy :)

James POV:

Today was Riley's birthday. I was so fucking excited, you have no idea. I have so so so many surprises planned, and one of them is just about to happen. I had set a quiet alarm, as to not wake Riley. I usually wake up before her, and leave her breakfast. I make her pancakes with chocolate sauce and blueberries, along with a glass of orange juice. I then leave her a note saying that I have band practice all day and I won't be home until late. This was a complete lie. I was decorating Studio A for Riley's birthday. And I was pretending that I had forgotten.

We've contacted Riley's parents, and they agreed to take her out for the day. This was to distract her. Mr and Mrs Raymond are going to take her out to the zoo, and then to a restaurant. They're going to remember. There is so much going on, I hope we have time for it all.
I try to wake up Riley, and then tell her I'm going to band practice, but she's not allowed to come as it's a song that they're going to release. She grumbles, and turns over and goes back to sleep. She is really not a morning person. At all. Riley and I live together, we moved in about 2 years ago. I've loved every second of it. When I was sure Riley had gone to bed, I picked out my best suit, and carried it out of the house, pulling my leather jacket and trainers on. At the last minute, I grabbed my smart shoes on the way out.

I drove to studio A, and met Michelle, Emily, Piper, Eldon, West, Daniel, Chloe, Tiffany, Stephanie, Noah and Richelle. It was Riley's 21st birthday after all. We needed to pull out all of the stops. And then we started to organise.

Riley POV:

I got woken up by James at some god forsaken time. Why the fuck would he wake me up at that time. I went to bed, for about half an hour, and then I got up. I felt excited and I didn't know why. And then I realised it was my birthday. It was the 24th of February. My 21st birthday. My parents had asked me to spend the day with them, and so obviously I agreed. I hadn't seen them in ages, so I think it will be really nice. And then I realised James wouldn't be here for the day. The excited feeling disappeared. I'm spending the day with my parents I guess.

I got dressed into a black and white polka dot dress, with a blue denim jacket and trainers. It was the perfect outfit, and also one of my favourites. I curled my hair, and did a half up half down look. I looked amazing, in my opinion. Normally James would come and wrap his arms around my waist, kiss my hair and tell me I looked beautiful. This time he didn't.

I saw that he had made me some pancakes, but they were cold by the time I came down, so I just had a bowl of cereal. So much for celebrating my birthday. I brushed my teeth, and then picked up my keys and left the house. I caught the bus to my parents house, as I am too terrified to learn how to drive. I really hoped that I didn't bump into Alfie today. I realised that I hadn't checked my phone. I had a message from my aunt Linda and that's it. Had everyone really forgotten!?

Once I'd arrived at my parents house, they greeted me warmly. They sat me down on a sofa A/N or couch I say sofa though and gave me my present. It was a scrapbook of photos of me, from when I was a baby to just last month. I know I said Riley hates seeing baby photos of herself but this is different so yeah just go along with it. We all laughed together at the photos, especially at the ones where I was going through a goth phase, and I was all about eyeliner and black clothes. I thought I looked amazing back then. I know better now.
"Thank you so much mum and dad, this present is amazing!" I told them, giving them both a massive hug.
"That's okay sweetie, it's not every day your beautiful daughter turns twenty one." My dad said.
"You said the same thing to em, on her twenty first birthday," I told him, laughing a little.
"What it's true!" He said, grinding.
"Happy birthday sweetheart!" My mum said, kissing my forehead.
"Thanks mum," I replied, smiling. I never really realized how much I miss my parents.

We went out to the zoo, and had an amazing time! I got to feed some penguins, and as my parents told them it was my birthday, I got given a goody bag. It was for kids, but nice of them all the same.

Texting story
In the group chat is James, Emily, Michelle, Piper, Noah and Richelle.

James- Emily how is the food going
Emily- it's going great, and you forgot a question mark.
James- okay great. And seriously.
Michelle- I just finished getting the music sorted, I made a playlist.
James- great!
Piper- I still don't see why I'm in charge of staying out of the way
James- because we ran out of jobs and I didn't want to exclude you
Piper- fine
James- nochelle how's the PowerPoint going
Noah- it's going okay, but I have bruises from Richelle
Richelle- because he keeps on trying to put pictures of himself without a shirt on on there
Michelle- seriously Noah
Noah- yeah it would just add an element
Piper- NOAH AND RICHELLE GET TO DO A POWERPOINT AND I GET TO STAY OUT OF THE WAY WHAT THE FUCK.
James- uhhhh piper what's with the swearing
Piper- it was fitting in the moment and is that seriously all you have to say
Richelle- it's fine piper you can come join me and Noah, we are at Noah's house
Piper- okay great, I have photos of Riley that not even James has on his phone
James- you do!?
Piper- ahhh there's so much you don't know big brother
Emily- yeah I have some photos of Riley that are one of a kind
Michelle- same
James- seriously guys!?
Noah- okay yeah piper just come round, Michelle you should start decorating studio A with everyone else.
Richelle- wow Noah never seen you so organized.
James- I will be getting all of the band equipment set up
Richelle- James you still ignoring Riley
James- yep and it's harder then I thought
Emily- I'm just saying the only birthday message she would've got is from our parents and our aunt Linda.
James- now I feel even worse
Emily- hey at least she gets a birthday message from aunt Linda, she's always preferred Riley for some reason
Piper- okay guys keep going
Richelle- yeah bye.
5 minutes later
Richelle- NOAH STOP PUTTING PICTURES OF YOU SHIRTLESS ON THE POWERPOINT FOR FUCKS SAKE
James- uhhhh
Piper- oop-
Michelle- Richelle?
Emily- ahaha
Richelle- oops wrong group chat. Noah went out to get coffee.
James- okay nvm

Riley POV:

I had had a great day with my parents, but now I was back home, getting changed into a fancy outfit, as my parents had arranged for a caterer to cook for us in studio a. I pulled on a sky blue dress, with a halter neck, and lace detailing at the top. There was a thin bit of fabric, and then the dress flowed down. There was a slit in the right leg. I decided to leave my hair down, apart from a section curled at the front on both sides. My makeup was Smokey, and I had red lipstick on, with eye shadow to match my dress.

My parents were waiting downstairs, and when I came into the front room, they gasped.
"Riles you look stunning!"
"You look absolutely beautiful!"
"There's my girl!"
"I'm so proud of you honey!"

"Thanks mum and dad!" I said, smiling. I just couldn't shake away the fact that everyone forgot.
"Shall we go m'lady?" My dad asked, in a bad British accent, linking my arm with him.
"We shall," I responded, in an equally as bad British accent. We left the house, and I saw someone who looked eerily like Alfie staring at me. I shook it off, and stepped inside the car.

We drove to The Next Step, and when I walked through the doors, there was complete silence. It was so noisy outside, so it was slightly weird.

Main group chat

Michelle- she's coming she's coming. And boy are you in for a treat, she looks stunning
James- I bet she does. Now everyone get into positions
Piper- okay okay

We walked to studio a, and before we entered, I opened up to my parents.
"Everyone forgot it was my birthday, even James! No one likes me apart from you guys, and it feels horrible. Even Emily forgot."
"It's okay sweetie, I'm sure James was just busy." My mum said. She tried to make her face look sympathetic, but she looked excited. So did my dad. Maybe they were just really hungry. I opened the door to studio A, and a flood of voices shouted, "Surprise!"

Oh wow that's a long chapter. I hope you enjoyed this, as I'm really meant to be doing online school at the moment. I'd rather do this tbh. Okay I hope you enjoyed! I'm really annoyed because it's my friends birthday today, but I can't see her because I'm self isolating. Evie :)