chapter 7

5-31-1945

Dear journal, I have been practicing all day! I am so much better at controlling my powers. I can now pull almost anything that is metal toward me. I have attached a magnet to you, so I can pull you to me whenever I want! I have also attached a pen holder to you, so I don't even have to go searching for one of those. I have read about people like me in books before, but never seen or heard about them- us - in real life before. I never thought that I would become one! I think that one day if I practice enough, I might be able to fly. I've thought it over, and it makes lots of sense. You see, when magnets are facing one way, they attract. But if you flip over one of the magnets, they will repel each other. So if I get a lot of magnets, and I do a handstand, I should go flying. So all I have to do is learn how to do a handstand, and get a million magnets.

6-1-1945

Dear journal, I have been working on a handstand. I always fall over though. I learned how to turn on lights at Pops house with my powers. I am scared because He is after me. He was at my house yesterday, so I spied on him from my bedroom window. He looked to be doing some sort of ritual. He drew a 7 pointed star in the dirt, then slowly burned it. Then, He dropped some sort of weird rock on it. He scares me so much. I just read the Divergent series, and he would definitely be in my fear landscape. If anyone is reading this, please HELP!

6-2-1945

Dear journal, I can now do a pretty good handstand. I went outside today, and saw the 7 pointed star. The rock had disappeared, and in its place,a piece of paper resided. There were words on the paper:

The things you know, 123

The things you know, tell them to me.

I know 1, you know 2, but Nobody knows 123.

I don't know what it means, but I have the feeling that I was meant to find it. I will solve this riddle next time.