Chapter 4: The Mafias

DAHYUN'S POV

The sound of my alarm clock jolted me awake. The worst way to start the day. Chaeng and Tzu were still sleeping as I looked over to my side. It's 5 a.m., according to my phone. I wish I could sleep in a little longer, but I have to get up early for my meeting.

I got out of bed and strolled over to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. I wore a plain white t-shirt, ripped jeans, and white shoes, as well as a dark jacket and a scarf over my neck because it was freezing outside.

I made Chaeng and Tzu's breakfast before I left and left a note saying "I went out and will return later. Take pleasure in your breakfast." Also, it's 7 a.m when I check my phone. I walked out of the apartment.

I climbed into my car, started the motor, and drove to a neighboring coffee shop. I placed an order for a hot chocolate and dialed my cousin's phone number.

I heard her yawn and thought to myself how cute it sounded, "Hey Dahyun, why did you call so early?"

"Sorry for the inconvenience, Unnie. Is it possible for us to meet at GalaxyBacks?" She said, "Yeah yeah, just a sec. bye," before hanging up.

After 30 minutes, she arrived. Jihyo took a seat in front of me and placed an order for a cup of hot chocolate. Only the sound of sipping could be heard as we sat there in silence.

"So...Why do you want to meet?" She asked, breaking the silence

"I'd like you to join me later."

" Are we going somewhere?" She lifted her head from her cup and waited for me to respond.

"We're on our way to the cops' station. When I requested whether I might question the thugs, they agreed."

Before enjoying her cup of chocolate, she gives me a serious look. "Do you believe it has something to do with Jimin and the Mafias?" She inquired while still consuming her drink.

"I don't know," I said as I emptied my cup, "but that's why we're heading there to ask them."

She gives a nod and continues to drink from her cup. We walked over to my car and drove to the police station.

Colonel Kim Dahyun and Lieutenant Colonel Park Jihyo, good morning." We were met and saluted by the officer.

We returned the salute, and he escorted us to the interrogation chamber.