Chapter Four: The Hoard

-Tommy's Point of View-

I was running for my life. Random bits of broken glass and shattered concreate cut my ankles as I ran, but I didn't stop. I might have a bat, but one bat versus ONE HUNDRED zombies was a big difference. I turned back to see that the hoard was disappearing from my sight. I smirked a bit and continued running. I looked around for some shelter as buildings flew by. I suddenly spotted a large office building. 'Ah ha!' I thought, running to the doors. The doors were similar to the doors of the Tesco. Automatic doors that were now sealed shut. I pulled the doors apart and quickly shut them behind me. I looked around the lobby of this now abandoned office.

It was bleak and sad inside of the office. Paper was all over the ground, chairs were tipped over, and desks were already collecting dust. It was surreal to look at. I looked around the office. 'Maybe I could just live here.' I thought solemnly. There really wasn't much else to do. I dragged my bat behind me and I walked down the office hall. I made sure to be as quite as possible in case someone, or something, suddenly jumped out at me. And sure enough, someone did jump out at me.

"Who's there?!" Yelled someone hiding in the shadow of the long hallway. I could see that they were there, but I couldn't see their face. They also sounded awfully familiar. 

"I-I'm not going to hurt you!" I stuttered, trying to get the person to calm down. I took a step towards the shadows.

"D-don't come any closer," they yelped, "I-I have a gun!" they yelled, their voice slightly wavering. 

"I'm not going to hurt you," I said, trying to sound genuine or comforting, "we can stick together, maybe protect each other?" I suggested, now just trying to keep this person calm. 

"Ok..." They mumbled, gingerly stepping out of the darkness. It was none other than Tubbo. He wore a dusty green shirt and jeans and was covered in random bandages. I stood there, my jaw open in shock. Tubbo watched me in confusion for a moment. His brown eyes suddenly lit up as he recognized me. He ran towards me, "Tommy!" He yelled happily, hugging me. 

"Tubbo!" I chuckled, hugging him awkwardly back. The short burnette pushed me slightly back. He looked over me, mostly looking at my cut up ankles. 

"Tommy how are you alive?" He asked quietly, almost in disbelief. I shrugged. 

"I really dunno," I mumbled, "but I should be asking you the same question, how are you alive?" I countered. Tubbo looked at the ground.

"I had a group," he mumbled, almost sadly, "but I left them." He trailed off, not making eye contact with me. I looked back at him in confusion.

"What do you mean, had a group?" I asked him. He shifted nervously and looked... conflicted. 

"I left them," I stared at him in shock, "I left them to wait for you." He said sadly, his shoulders drooping. 

"Tubbo do you know how dangerous it is to be on your own?!" I countered, making him flinch.

"B-but here you are," he yelled back, "you're here, because I knew you would still be alive!" Tears began to prick in the corners of his eyes. "I didn't want to give up on you Tommy."

"Tubbo," I started, "I-I'm sorry..." He hugged me again. I hugged him back, attempting to comfort him.

"It's ok man, I'm here now." He nodded. 

A/N: Short because yes. Next chapter will hopefully be longer :)