Chapter Thirteen

Third Person Point Of View:

This ritual has been around since the very first Vampire found his Soulmate. It has been adapted many times to keep up with the changing times. The only thing that remains to say is the ritual itself. For instance, the very first Vampire preformed the ritual in a forest while Harry will be performing the ritual in a spell protected bedroom.

The ritual involves the male Vampire biting the neck of said Soulmate. Once the mark is healed, it will appeared different as to notify others of her Soulmate. For example, the very first person to have been bitten had their mark turn yellow and smell heavily of peppermint. Next, said Soulmate is to ingest a few drops of their Soulmates blood before both sealing the ritual with a kiss to the lips.

Some people, after the ritual are very clingy, some start to feel everything that their Soulmate feels and others inhabit great strength. The one thing that remains the same is that this only lasts for a week before everything returns to normal.

As for Harry and Aspen... Only time will tell.

↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓     ↓    

Once the door is closed, the protection spell is active.

Harry leads Aspen over to the bed in the center of the room.

Once they are both seated, Harry presses his lips against Aspen's to which she immediately responds to.

They kiss until Aspen has to pull away for air.

"I'm going to explain to you a bit more about what is going to happen tonight, okay?"

Harry tells Aspen and she nods, giving him her undivided attention.

"Well, firstly, this entire room is magically protected by a spell that every single magical creature can detect. Nobody can attempt to enter this room without immediate death being their punishment."

Harry starts, Aspen unmoving, but, listening.

"Secondly, the ritual involves me biting into your neck and then you will drink some of my blood."

He says and she listens closely, not once interrupting him.

"Lastly, we will kiss and wait for the mark to heal."

He finally finishes and Aspen nods.

"I understand."

She says and Harry makes sure that she's comfortable before moving her hair away from her neck.

Aspen grips onto Harry's biceps as his fangs protrude from his top gums and his eyes turn red.

Her hands slip down to his forearms as his face tucks itself into her neck.

A gasp leaves her mouth as the piercing of his fangs penetrate her neck.

She can feel the blood trickle down her neck as he drinks from her.