06.

It was 10PM and your shoes were pinching your feet

You had just come home from a friend's party and you shivered in your thin layer of clothes. You just had a stylish coat thrown over your silk shirt, unbuttoned to a deep V to show off your chest, that you had tucked into your tight pants. You thought you were going to frost over if you didn't get to warmth soon. Your teeth chattered.

That's when you stepped into the waiting yellow glow of the elevator and found Jongho already inside. He glanced up from his phone, "Oh. Hey Y/n."

You didn't miss it when his wide eyes raked over your body, lingering on the small pendant hanging off a thin gold chain around your neck, resting on your otherwise bare chest. His cheeks glowed a light pink.

He noticed the way your shirt shimmered under the light as you moved to stand beside him. He blinked and his lips pulled into a grin, "What floor?"

You rolled your eyes playfully, "Eighth, please."

He pressed the already glowing circular button and the elevator began to move.

"So, what's the occasion?" he asked as he tucked his phone away into his pocket.

Without missing a beat, you impersonated Jongho's drunk demeanor, "The end of December! The end of the year! It's New Year's Eve!"

You couldn't help but laugh as Jongho groaned, "Stop reminding me. I'm still trying to recall some bits and pieces."

"Oh, really? What do you remember?" You teased, curious.

"Just a lot from the bar... Mingi throwing up into a bush... seeing you here..." he hesitated.

All of a sudden, the elevator jolted, rougher than usual, and Jongho's hand instinctively shot out to steady you as you stumbled back. You caught yourself on the rails. "What happened?" You asked, confused.

"I think- I think the elevator broke."

When your eyes darted up to the screen, you found the digital countdown frozen on five, the number blinking but never ascending. When you hit the call button, a loud ringing pierced through the air, but no one answered. You sighed.

"I just texted the landlord and he says that the repair guy will fix this soon." Jongho sounded from behind you.

"Soon? As in, maybe five minutes or maybe five days?"

"Soon. As in, maybe next year."

His words dawned on you, "Ha. Ha."

You crossed to the back of the elevator and slid onto the floor, your back pressed against the cold metal. Jongho raised his eyebrows quizzically at you, and you only patted the space beside you in response.

"It could take until next year, like you said." You shrugged and grinned up at him. His lips turned up and he settled beside you, swinging his bag off his shoulder and placing it beside him.