10

Dream PoV (Third Person)
"Long time no see, Clay."

Dream took a sharp breath at the mention of his name. His real name.

It had been months- years since anyone had called him by that name. It gave him some kind of emotional whiplash.

A flash of anger, a flash of pain.

A flash of hatred.

"Do I know you?" He said through gritted teeth as he readjusted his mask to hide his face more.

The man snickered, bringing up a hand to rest his chin on. He shook his head, grabbing a small book sitting comfortably beside him.

The cover was practically worn out, bits and pieces broken off due to some kind of tampering.

"Oh come on, Clay. You don't remember your own childhood bestfriend?

It wasn't that Dream didn't recognize him. Quite the opposite, actually. Dream recognized everything about this man. From his cheery voice, to his accent and up to how he looked.

"Don't call me that, Illumina." He muttered, leaning harder against the seat they were in.

Illumina was sat right in front of him, allowing the man to annoy Dream even further than he had anticipated.

And this man enjoyed every single bit of it.

"I'm gonna need you to speak up, Clay. I can't quite hear you." He teased, a look of nothing but mischief on his face.

Dream grumbled. He was being toyed with again. Illumina was toying with him again. The sensation of the past came back to him.

"I said don't... call me Clay..." Dream  said, the last bits turning out more of a mumble than actual words.

He didn't know why he was getting so flustered around this man. He was barely doing anything to Dream.

Was it how he says his words? It was just an accent. It was no big deal, right?

"Aww c'mon baby Clay, speak up." He teased Dream again.

Baby Clay.

Dream hated being called that more than anything. He didn't know if it was flirting or if that was how Illumina usually was.

He wouldn't know. They hadn't been in contact with each other for years. An entire decade to be precise.

"Shut the fuck up." He said, raising his voice ever so slightly.

Illumina raised his brows and scoffed, running his fingers on the soft leather seating.

"No. You aren't the boss of me." Illumina smiled cockily, tapping his foot to some random rhythm in his head.

From what Dream had seen in the past, Illumina was one of the types of people who didn't like getting ordered around by others–or at least people who he found not worthy of it.

Dream just gave it up, turning to the side and looking outside of the small window on the carrage.

They were travelling at the side of the mountain, perhaps the only best route that they could take back to the king's castle.

"I thought you were dead." Dream muttered, eyeing on Illumina.

Illumina was staring right back at him, eyes fiery with fury.

"I could say the same. Perhaps I even hoped you were." He said, chuckling dryly as he plucked off a chunk of the feather from the snapped arrow laying right beside him. "I thought that after you ran away, you'd come crawling back to me—to us. I guess I was wrong."

Dream looked to the side, eyes darting towards the window as a ray of light reflected on it. He put his face closer to the thick glass, pressing his hands on it.

"What the fu-" Dream was interrupted as he was almost immediately pulled away from the window. "What-"

And just as he sat back on the seat, a stray arrow crashed through the window, whizzing right past their heads and out through the other side.

All three of them shot a questioning glance at each other. Techno seemed to have woken up from his nap.

"Dream." Techno and Illumina said in unison as they both shot Dream a knowing look.

"Wasn't me." Dream shrugged, picking up a piece of broken glass off of the flooring.

A heavy silence surrounded them, the soft hiss of something from below the ground filling in the void.

"Go FUCKING FASTER-" Techno shouted, a bomb abruptly going off from right behind them, dealing damage to the backside of the carriage.

Smoke had started to seep in through the cracks from the floor and the broken windows.

They could feel the tilt of the vehicle from every turn they would take at the side of the mountain. It was dangerous. Horrible dangerous.

A soft thud was heard from above them, seemingly a pair of feet stepping on the roof. The footsteps were heavy and all over the place.

"This is so dumb." Illumina scoffed, grabbing a sword from beneath his seat and stabbing it through the wood right above their heads.

A sharp gasp was heard as it lodged through. The footsteps began to dissipate as the figure moved away. Forwards to the driver.

There were pained grunts, a scream, then pure silence.

They reached the bottom of the mountain, where flat land was located. The horses came to a full halt as heavy boots stepped on the wet grass, right in front of the door.

There was incoherent mumbling from two or three individuals. The door swung open, and a man with blonde hair peeked inside.

"So this is where you guys were." The man said, shooting a quick look at the three inside the half destroyed carriage. "Out."

Techno was the first to step outside, the other two following suit. Aside from the blonde, there stood a woman and another man with antlers growing atop his head.

They all gave each other weary looks as Dream stepped forward, a confident stance held. Dream scanned their faces for a moment, a solemn look painting across his own.

"Care to explain, Punz?"

-
-
-
-
HOLA HOLAA. truly sorry for such a long wait. ive been trying my very best to finish and upload this but i never seemed to get the chance.
consider this as a very late christmas gift haha!
regards the hiatus, i might be back for a short while.
you may ask me some questions here in comments or just comment on this.
im really really sorry for making you all wait.

i love you all! hope you had  a great Christmas!!