His Cheeku (Mahirat)

Requested and plot idea by nikitachvn_23

Belated happy birthday Nikita
____________________________

Virat very well knew that everyone was not very happy with his decision.

He had chosen to leave Australia after the first test match to be with his wife at the time when both of them are going to start a new phrase in their lives.

He had always wanted to do that. To give all his time to his children. He is a professional cricketer serving his nation.  But outside that he had a family too. Both were his priorities.

Virat was still not sure. The BCCI have him a paternity leave without much delay or dissatisfactions. But he knew that they really were not that satisfied.

He, the Indian Captain was leaving his team in Australia.

Australian team in Australia are indeed a tough competitor.

And with the Test Championship ahead this series was very important for them.

He knew that his presence in the team was very important. But he wanted to be in India, with Anushka, to be there when their first child would be born.

And he just listened to his heart.

Everyone supported him in his decision. Dada, Mahi bhai, Ro, Rahul, Jinks........ His whole team did. But he wasn't sure.

He wanted to talk, with his Mahi bhai.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Mahi was busy with some arrangements in his farmhouse when his phone rang.

'Cheeku'

The callers' name flashed on his mobile screen and he didn't waste a second to pick it.

"Mahi bhai", he heard Virat's voice and was sure that there was something upsetting him.

"What happenened Cheeku", Mahi asked softly.

"Bhai do you think I was right to take that decision. To take a leave.", Virat asked confusingly.

Mahi smiled a bit when he heard Virat ask that. Well he is now a grown-up 32 year old, a senior cricketer, a soon to be father, but for him he will always be his Cheeku, his younger brother. And he would never want that to change.

"Cheeku", Mahi started in a consoling tone slowly.

"You did what you wanted. Don't worry about what others have to say about that. You should always follow your heart. I am with you, our team is with you, our families are with you. Don't ever bother about others as long as we are with you"

Mahi bhai's words were enough for Virat to forget all his worries and to be back to his irritating silly cheeky Cheeku mode.

After a lot of discussions on everything under the sun they can think of Mahi was about to leave for dinner as Sakshi was complaining that he was already late.

"Mahi bhai, I want to ask you one more thing", Virat asked with his serious tone again.

"What", Mahi asked wondering what might have caught him now.

"Why were you with the team when Ziva was born. I know that you wanted to be with bhabhi", Virat asked curiously.

"That was between a worldcup and for me I knew that Sak will be okay without me. I wanted to be there but I knew that I was needed by the team more than my wife. After all it was a worldcup", Mahi started explaining

Now Virat was feeling a bit guilty

"But Virat the situation is different now. This team, this Indian team can win any match even without The best batsman of their team. Believe them, Cheeku. And now stop being guilty and enjoy that realisation of becoming a father soon. Now let me go. It's already late. Go and get a good sleep and by tomorrow your mind will be clear."

Virat smiled looking at the phone even after Mahi disconnected the call.

His eyes softened as he saw the photo he has set as the profile of Mahi bhai's number.

Being a father is an amazing feeling

And being Mahi bhai's Cheeku is an amazing feeling too.

_______________________________

The plot idea was from nikitachvn_23 and thanks for that dear. I really enjoyed writting this one. Hope I justified on portraying the bond between them. Again belated Happy birthday Nikita.