Day 1- Mixing Things Up

Iona stood in front of us. She cleared her throat and began to speak.

"I didn't know how to feel on the way here. I was excited but I knew I'd have to take a guy away from one of you girls. I thought it wouldn't be that bad since y'all only been together since this morning. But looking at you all now, you already seem like such cute couples. But, I don't have a choice...there's one guy that seems like my type on paper. He's smart, funny, and just dreamy. I really don't want to break up a promising couple, but I'm here to make a choice...so the boy I want to couple up with is...Camilo."

There was a sigh of relief from the other girls, then all eyes turned to me.

Elladine put her hand on her heart, "Oh no! Poor Tegan."

Seb shook his head, "wow, that's brutal."

Camilo put his hand on my back, "This is hard to wrap my head around. I felt like I hit the jackpot when you chose me this morning, and now we aren't a couple. Not sure how I'm supposed to feel right now."

He gave my shoulder a squeeze and walked over to Iona. I just nodded and watched him walk away. He turned back and gave me a small reassuring wink. When he reached Iona he nodded at her. "Hey, you alright?"

She smiled warmly at him, "I'm good, you?"

He shrugged and they shared a clumsy hug.

My phone buzzed in my hand. "I got a text..I'm too nervous. I can't read it. What if it's me getting dumped from the villa already?"

AJ looked over at me, "what no way, that wouldn't happen already would it?"

"Well, it isn't unheard of."

My hands trembled as I held my phone to read the text.
Tegan, Iona has taken your man leaving you single...so get ready to mingle. #singlelife #getyourflirton

"So that means you're safe?"

"Ya, I guess so."

Miki looked over at me, "single and ready to mingle...guess we'll need to keep an eye on you."

Nicky got up and started to stretch. "I don't know about you guys, but my bum's gone numb."  He made his way over to Iona and the rest of us followed. "Thought we'd come over and have a proper chat."

Genevieve gave me a warm smile and turned towards Iona, "I hope you're alright. That was a thought decision to make."

Iona was about to answer, but looked at me instead..."sorry, guys...can I have a quick work with Tegan first?"

Nicky gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze, "yeah no problem." He winked at me and ushered the others away.

Once everyone was out of ear shot, Iona spoke, "I just wanted you to know it was nothing personal. That's why I told you earlier so it wasn't a shock. At the end of the day I had to pick someone. But I actually think this puts you in a really strong position. Now you're free to chat and flirt with whoever you want and like none of us girls can be salty about that...even me...if you want Camilo back. I won't make a fuss. It's part of the game and it's still early days......so are we cool?"

"Ya it's fine. We are good."

"Thanks girl, I was really worried this was going to be awkward but you're handling it so well. I admire that."

She squeezed my arm lightly, "come on let's catch up with the others."

We walked back towards the villa together. Seb, Nicky, Elladine were chatting by the beanbags. Iona made her way to Camilo and the others by the kitchen. I decided to take a moment for myself and headed over to the sun loungers by the pool. I laid on one and closed my eyes, trying to process all the events of the day. I felt myself starting to doze off when I felt someone sit down next time. I opened my eyes to see Nicky sitting at the end of my lounger.