chapter 5: he knows

"dad? I'm home." i yell as i walk inside.

"your dad's not here. he had an emergency call about 10 minutes ago." i look at John my dad's partner. he was in the kitchen with a cup of coffee.

"do you know when he will be back?" i asked watching him. i had a bad feeling about this guy. i didn't like being alone with him. he shook his head.

"I'm not sure. but I'd like to talk to you." he blinked and placed a picture in front of me. it was a picture of Logan. i look at John and shrug.

"And?" i push the picture back.

"you know who he is?" i shrug my shoulders and look at him.

"yeah. some guy you guys are looking for. a gang member." i kept my cool and stared him down.

"i feel like you know more." i shack my head.

"I know nothing else. i told you what you already know. what you guys told me." i go to walk away but stop in my tracks when he spoke up.

"I know you were there at the mall." i turned around and looked at him. "how else would they know we were coming." i shook my head.

"got any proof i was there?" i glared at him. he didn't say anything. "that's what i thought." i hissed and was out the front door. i walked around the city trying to think. i find myself walking up out of the city to the place Logan took me. i sat down watching the city below. i hear a car pull up and stop behind me. i hear the car door close and someone walking up to me and sit down. i look over seeing Logan.

"I'm sorry for overreacting." i shook my head.

"i understand why you freaked out. i would to if i was you." i spoke to him softly. he looked at me and frowned.

"what's wrong Ella?" i shake my head and look at him.

"everything is fine. I'm okay." i shouldn't tell him what John told me. it would scare him off again. and i don't want him to run off.

we sit and watch the sun come up in silence. we both sat there just thinking.

"we should get out of here. do you need a ride anywhere?" Logan spoke softly. i nod my head.

"i want to go to your place if that's okay. i don't want to go home yet. my dad's partner is there and he creeps me out." he smiles and nods his head. We walked to his car but before I could open the passenger door, Logan spun me around pushing me against the car and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck. Before I knew it our clothes were coming off and I was laying on the seats in the back of the car.

Logan drove us to the docks and parks in a hidden place in the back of the buildings. we go inside and up the stairs. there was only one bedroom up stairs and nothing else. i look around the room. there was only a bed and some clothes on the floor. nothing else.

"no belongings?" i ask as i sit on his bed. he shakes his head.

"if we have to go on the run i don't want nothing to be left behind. i take what i can carry." i nod. i guess that's a criminal's life. don't get to settle down and live. Logan sits down beside me and puts his hand on mine.

"Ellie. i don't want you to be apart of this life. you could get hurt, or worse." i put my hand on the side of his face and look him in the eyes.

"i understand what i'm getting myself into but..." i stop and think. "but i want to be here... with you." i look back up into his eyes. he before he could say anything i lean in and kiss him on the lips softly. he kisses me back pulling me into him by my waist. he pulls back a little and looks at me lifting his hand sliding it up my cheek and under my hair.

"if this is what you really want then i wont let anyone hurt you. and you will have to leave the life your in now." i nod and smile.

"i'm okay with that." he smiles and kisses me again more roughly pushing me onto my back. things become more intense as his hands slide under my shirt and mine undoing his jeans.

"HELLO!" me and Logan jump up and look to the door.

"who the hell was that?" Logan asked in a whisper. i got up and went to the door and listened.

"it looks empty." that sounded familiar. oh no. its John. i look at Logan and motion him to stay. i walk out the door and look down at John who was looking around.

"can i help you John?" he jumped and looked up at me. "what the hell are you doing here?" i demanded.

"looking around for that gang. this seemed to be the perfect place for them to hide out at." i look around.

"does it look like anyone is around?" he looked around and shrugged.

"i see you here. and i know you know the gang. i know your protecting them. maybe i should tell your father." i glare at him.

"I'm here with no one. I found this place a while back and decided to use it for a study place and for my art. it's nice and quiet and i like it that way so could you please leave and leave me alone." i demanded. he nodded and started to walk for the door. after he left i looked around and seen Logan looking at me. he looked hurt.

"Logan it's not what you think." i walked up to him but he took a step back.

"He knows? and you didn't tell me." i take a deep breath and look at him.

"I didn't say anything because it wasn't important and i handled it on my own. John try's to control me but i don't let him." Logan nods and come up to me and wraps me in a hug. i hug him back and not ever want to let him go.