Chapter 1

"I can't go."

"What? Why not, Bell?" Octavia stands from where she sat on the stairs beside Echo and Gabriel, all waiting on Bellamy before they leave to Gabriel's tent in the woods.

They needed answers on the mysterious tattoo on Octavia's back, and the only way to get them was to venture outside the wall and have Gabriel examine both the young Blake and the stone. The plan was for the four of them to leave Sanctum and travel into the woods to receive the answers they sought, and now Bellamy says there is a change. Of course the only reason he wants to go is to make sure his sister is safe, given that she seems to have turned a new leaf after the Blodreina chapter; however something more pressing has come to light, and he needs to stay behind.

"You know why, O."

As he says this his gaze lingers over his shoulder towards the blonde walking around, embracing her adoptive daughter tightly. Octavia shuffles her feet quietly, head hung low. She understood immediately why her brother couldn't come along.

"Take care of her. We'll be back before you know it." Bellamy attempts to smile, though the gesture didn't meet his eyes, and the Blake siblings embrace. The others stand after and make there way to the radiation shield, all except Echo, whom stays behind to speak with Bellamy. He knew this was coming.

"Echo-"

"You don't need to explain. I get it." He eyes glide towards Clarke as she speaks with Jackson, Madi tucked by her side. "I should have seen this coming the moment Madi came out of those trees and told you Clarke was alive."

Bellamy was at a loss for words, and instead of replying he simply nods at her words. This was a long time coming, they both knew it, but they tried to hold on anyway. And yet it was fruitless.

"Be careful out there." He says, and Echo replies with a smirk.

"Keep her alive and out of trouble." Now Bellamy really chuckles.

"This is Clarke you're talking about. Easier said than done."

"I know. But this is you, Bellamy. We all know what that means for Clarke." He raises a brow for her to elaborate, but the spy never does.

He watches as she walks away to follow the group before looking at his surroundings, Clarke was gone. His heart drops in his chest before he spots Jackson. His feet move before he can think and before he knows it he ask the man where Clarke went.

"She went to rest. Apparently Simone Lightbourne had a farm house Russel built to make her feel more at home. Clarke, Madi, and a few others went there as well."

Without hesitating Bellamy asked for directions and made his way to his destination. By the time Bellamy arrives and spots the young Griffin, she runs up to him and hugs him briefly. Bellamy returns the sentiment as she pulls back, petting her new furry friend.

"Clarke's already in bed. She locked the door to be alone."

"Did she seem...okay?" He asks, but Madi shrugs.

"It's Clarke."

He sighs at that, knowing all too well what that meant. She was hurting and exhausted, but putting on a front and telling everyone she was fine. No doubt that's why she locked her door to begin with. She was too tired to keep up the lie. Clarke needed to be alone for now. He finds his own room then, one close to Clarke, and rest for the night. 

He doesn't get much sleep, given the amount of stress and madness from the last 24 hours. He does wake earlier than everyone else, so, Bellamy takes the opportunity to go see if Clarke was awake. But in all honestly he knew she would be. This is Clarke god damn Griffin. If she was putting on a front and avoiding everyone then she was suffering and slept little to none all night long, Bellamy knew she was awake.