Chapter 2

To say the group was shocked would be an understatement. They only left the shield to make sure Clarke and Bellamy were safe. Even with the Children of Gabriel somewhat under control, who else knew what dangers laid ahead of them on this planet. Less than half of it was explored. So to follow their leaders to make sure they were okay was their natural instinct. What they expected to find was Clarke and Bellamy alive, maybe sitting down somewhere safe. Instead they discover something else entirely.

And yet it was very them.

To find their leaders and friends out of breath with dead bodies at their feet was nothing new. Rather it was normal sight for the group. But the circumstances for the bodies? That was new entirely.

The helmet now in Raven's hand was peculiar, and she was more astounded by its use than material itself. With one glance to the bodies she knew it was a single component working together. She needed the whole set to know how it all worked. One look at Clarke and Bellamy as they explained and Raven knew she had to say something.

"So these people came out of thin air? Like they were invisible?"

"Yeah. Why?" Bellamy's brow furrows as he and Clarke cross their arms side by side. Curious at the woman's angle of questioning.

Raven steps closer to one of the bodies on the ground and tugs at the suit, but it was no use. She couldn't get it off.

"I can't believe I'm saying this..." She mumbles. "We have to take one of the bodies back to Sanctum. I need to see how the suit and helmet work, what's their purpose, the whole thing."

"Consider it done. The sooner we figure this out the better." No one notices much of the extra tension in Bellamy's shoulders as he speaks, but Clarke does.

Miller, Emori, and Raven move to collect what they can while Clarke and Bellamy move to one of the bodies. He's stiff and full of unease. Who knows what has happened to Octavia or why that man knew him. To make matters worse he tried to take Clarke with him. Bellamy's had a lot to deal with lately and the recent events made his plate that much more full.

"Hey." Clarke whispers nudging his should with hers as they stand side by side. At his curious glance she says, "We'll find Octavia. I promise."

He shakes his head in response before gathering his words. Finally finding his voice. "It's not just about O. Something doesn't add up."

"Like what?"

"O and Gabriel and Echo left to figure out the anomaly and the symbols on Octavia's back. It was tied together he said. That it meant something. And now invisible people come out of no where and try to take you after mentioning O? How do they know her? Why do they want you? It doesn't make any sense."

Clarke hums in thought as she rolls over everything that has happened. Bellamy was right, none of this made sense. The anomaly itself was an enormous mystery, one in which even the Primes knew nothing about. And they lived on this planet for two hundred years.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy's voice startles her out of her thoughts as he reaches out and touches the left side of her temple. A sport where black trickled down her cheek.

"Oh, uh... Yeah. I'm fine. Just a scratch." She wipes it away and watches his adam's apple bob before he pulls away, clearing his throat as he does. He stares down at the body with a distant look, getting lost in his mind. They were here to do better, Monty made sure of it, and yet the universe had other ideas.

"You think we can figure this out?"

"We don't really have much of a choice." He nods at her words before bending down and helping Miller. This was the only way they could get their answers.