A Night to Remember

Pacifica Northwest lay wide awake on her bed. She'd went to bed hours ago, but she can't seem to fall sleep. It was one of those nights again. The blonde tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable position that would hopefully ease her into sleep. No such luck. She glanced up, her gaze landing on her alarm clock and let out a soft groan when she saw the time. 12:47 AM.

The heiress turned away and covered her face with her hands. She was exhausted, but, for some reason, she just couldn't fall asleep. She sighed and removed her hands from her face, her eyes scanning her room for her phone. A little music always helped her drift to sleep. 

Not long later, Pacifica finally found her phone buried beneath her pillow. She scrolled through her playlist, and, after debating which song to pick, tapped on Taylor Swift's 'Last Kiss.'

After gently placing her phone on her night stand, Pacifica rolled back into bed and closed her eyes as the lyrics lulled her to sleep.

"So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep

And I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe"

Further and further, Pacifica was swallowed by blackness, the sleep she'd been waiting for had finally come to claim her.

"And I keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are

Hope it's nice where you are"

Pacifica suddenly sat up, looking irritated. Of course she'd wake up before fully being asleep. It was never that easy. Pacifica took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. She didn't know what to do anymore... she can't sleep, everyone else is sleeping, she's tired and bored to death. She looked around her room for something to help pass the time, her window grabbing her attention. 

It was a nice night out. The skies are clear, and the moon and stars were gleaming brightly.

The blonde suddenly got an idea. Question is, should she go through with it?

Pacifica thought for a moment. She knew she'd probably get in trouble, but then again, who will notice if she went out for a bit? Just for a few minutes...

Grinning, the heiress snatched her phone and turned off the music. She gingerly hoisted herself off her bed, flinching as her feet made contact with her wool carpet. After finally deciding to leave her phone, the blonde made her way through her room and slipped out her door.

She quickly walked the empty halls of the manor, stopping at the sight of her parents' favorite carpet. It's been four years since the ghost incident but Pacifica still remembered it like it happened yesterday.

But how could she forget? That was the most traumatizing and, at the same time, the most fun day she had. Not to mention the stupid ghost that almost turned half of Gravity Falls into wooden statues.

Pacifica trudged onward, but instead of turning right and continuing down the hallway, she ducked into the secret room she and Dipper had discovered that day. (Wow, you finally brought Dipper into the picture.)

The room was just as creepy and dusty and basically as gross as it were three years ago. The moment the blonde's foot made contact with the wooden flooring, a cloud of dust formed around it. 

Pacifica looked around the room. She recognized a lot of the paintings from when she explored the room all those years ago. Paintings that captured all the bad things that the Northwests had done. After a few minutes staring at all the paintings in disgust, she turned to leave the room and continue with her night but something caught her attention. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something shine in the room. Her eyes scanned the room, not letting any detail pass them.