Chapter 2: Waking up

Annie's pov:

"hi" I say as I watch tears run down my mums face as she pulls me into a tight hug. "mum, where am I?" I ask.
"She's just a bit disoriented keep her talking" the woman beside me who seems to be checking my vitals says.
"Your in the hospital sweetie and you was under a coma for 3 and half months"
"But how-" but she cuts me off saying she'll explain when we get home.

After a few more tests to make sure I was ok, we got in the car and started heading back home. Finally, a moment of silence to gather my thoughts when, memory's hazily come back to me as I start to panic. Mum turns to me with a look of worry and confusion as I blurt out asking how Kyle is.
Her face settles and says "he's doing ok, he did have a few major injuries, nothing like yours, but he is healing well"
I calm down at the thought of him being ok and decide to close my eyes for a second ending up drifting off to sleep.

I wake up comfortably knowing it's my bed with the sun shining through the window signalling a new day as I start to get dressed knowing there are people I have to see. I open my door and there they are my family, everyone's here, the Townsends, my god mother and mum. We all look at each other smiles suddenly filling the room, everyone elated to see me alive and well, as I am for them. I give them all a hug as we all settle down on the sofa. We have a long conversation about everything that's happened which turns out to be quite a lot:
Ty has to be my 'carer'  basically just look after me at school because apparently another traumatic experience could maybe trigger something but hopefully not,so I guess I'll be seeing a lot of him, maybe that's not a bad thing.
Kyle after his endless apologies explained how he's basically grounded for a year and how he's not allowed to dive until he's 19, not surprised though.