Chapter 1

I step out of the vehicle and look around. There are some people who are heading off to work. Others just mill around chatting with each other. It's evening and the air is chilly.

A few people, who seem to have just now noticed a new arrival, stare at me with curious gazes. I give them a glare. My frown deepened a little. They should mind the staring, before they regret it. Said people look away a couple seconds later.

I start walking and as I do, I look around me. For a city, Detroit seems nice to live in. Maybe for others. I would live elsewhere, but that's me. Androids pass by me. Some wave at me, but I don't return the gesture.

It takes me about an hour to find the place I was heading for. I look up, taking in the exterior of the house in front of me. The walls are painted a mahogany color with a white colored front door. I walk forward up to the front door and knock in it. I then stand there and wait.

The door is pulled open a minute later and I am now face-to-face with a girl who has brown hair and brown eyes. She looks to be close to my age. She looks at me confused before a tiny smile envelopes her lips. "Hi", the girl greets me. I stare at her for a moment. "Can I help you with something?", she continues.

"Is this the Ellington house?", I questioned her. "Do you need to speak to someone?", the girl asks in turn. Is she not able to answer my simple question?, I think to myself as I blankly stare at her.

A moment later a young little girl appears beside the older girl. She has red hair and she looks up at the older girl with blue eyes. "Who is it, big sister?", the little one asks her as she then looks at me. "What's your name?", the older girl asks me. "My name is Saiya", I answer with a frown still on my face.

"Come inside", the child says to me. Before I can say anything, the little girl grabs my hand and starts pulling me inside to the living room.

There are a lot of people in this room......well a lot for me. Eleven people are sitting in the room. Some on the couches, others on the floor. They look up at the sound of footsteps. One of the guys in the house, who has grey hair, furrows his eyebrows. "Delilah, who's this?", one of the girls sitting on the couch wonders, her voice sounding a little concerned.

"Her name's Saiya", the young girl, who's name I now know is Delilah, tells the girl. "She just started pulling the poor girl into the house", the one who had opened the door tells them. "And I should get going...... I had just wanted to know if this house belonged to the Ellington's", I say to her.

A woman with brown hair and blue eyes, leans forward. "I'm Octavious Ellington. I own this house. It's nice to meet you, Saiya", the woman says to me. "Likewise......", I tell her. I start to turn around.

"Leaving so soon?", someone asks. I stop moving. I was told to do my mission. I wasn't told to be social with anyone.

"You look new...", the man with grey hair comments. "Hank....", Octavious says with a sigh. I turn to look at them. "If I look new, wouldn't it be obvious that I am?", I snap to him squinting my eyes. "whew, someone has a temper......", one of the boys says.

"Do you have a place to stay at?", Octavious wondered to me curiously. I look from her to everyone else in dead silence after her question. "If you don't, you can stay here", Octavious suggests trying to be nice and friendly.

I let out an inaudible sigh. I hate when people try to be friendly with me. I don't need friends. "No, I'm fine. I have a place to stay at", I tell her as I turn around sharply and walk out the front door.

This should get things started. I know where the house is and what it looks like. I can be done with this real soon and go back to ignoring the ass shits that I know.

I get to my place within a half hour. I got the keys that were handed to me out of my pocket and let myself inside a small, but adequate house. I was told I would be staying in a house that isn't a two story like the Ellington house. The place I'm staying in has a kitchen to the right, the living room to the left, and a bedroom ahead down a hallway. A bathroom sits across from said bedroom. I also take notice of one room with a door open that has a washer machine and dryer beside the bathroom as I walk farther into the house after locking the door.

The ones higher up from me had said everything was set up for me. Food and all the necassities. How they got that done before I came, I am not entirely sure. But I could really care less.

I make myself something to eat, brush my teeth, and head to bed a few hours later.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hey 🙂

I hope you like chapter 1. For a while I got stuck on how to start it off and had just gotten back to it.

I may fix it up later on in the future, but currently it will suffice.

I hope everyone is having a good day or night and I will see you in the next chapter 🙂