Chapter 5: The Truth

"Tsuchigomori-sensei, did someone ever tell you that you look even scarier when you're actually angry?" , Yashiro, the girl who broke his yorishiro whispered, as though she did not hear a word of what he said. He was about to give her the death glare, because kids are so annoying! when the smile suddenly vanished from her face. The realization hit her as she chewed on the extremely, devastatingly, horrible news.

"Wait, what did you say?" , she asked, her voice trembling nearly as much as the teacher's nerves, at that moment. Next to her, the blond Minamoto boy was ruffling his hair, most likely searching for an idea he struggled to remember.

But what concerned him was not these two. After all, they were mere kids. Not wanting to attract attention, he shifted his gaze to Number Seven's twin brother. He appeared to be frozen in time, his lips spoke a silent language as he mouthed uncomprehensible words. His eyes saw the world around him but did not peceive a thing. His fists both clenched and unclenched, fighting a constant battle only happening in his mind,

and losing it.

Tsuchigomori could almost see the boy's conclusions coming to an end, as his features shifted, from denial to shock to sheer terror. And soon enough, his eyes gleamed, announcing the beginning of the unmistakable tears.

Tsukasa Yuugi was crying.

The spider sighed. Even he was not enjoying this unexpected situation.

"It's time for a lecture" , he announced. "But before that, let us all be gathered in a decent way. No eavesdropping! Okay, Number Three?"

Three, two, one...

Not a second later, a cloaked feminine-looking boy with pink longish hair, bangs over one eye, sleeves too long for his arms and a skeleton hand hanging on his back descended like the grim reaper on a dying man's bed.

"Mitsuba!" , Minamoto exclaimed as soon as he saw him.

Mitsuba was blushing from head to toe. His lips twisted into a pout as he mumbled something about not wanting to seem like a pervert, and said, his voice barely loud enough to be heard: "Hello Traffic-Safety Earring boy, hello Daikon-senpai"

"What are you doing here? Were you trapped like the rest of us?" , Yashiro asked.

"I have no idea, I was having a really weird conversation with Tsukasa when--" , Number Three seemed to notice the boy for the first time. Definitely because it is unusual for him to be so silent for more than two minutes, Tsuchigomori guessed.

"Hey senpai" , he inched closer to the girl, whispering in her ear while side-looking at Tsukasa. "What's wrong with him?"

Yashiro turned to the twin, but by the time all was said and done, he wiped away his tears, and his smile returned as if nothing had happened, as if his brain didn't just cloud all over.

Scary, just like his brother.

"Mitsuba!" , Tsukasa screamed, throwing his arms around the pink-haired boy. "When did you get heeere?" , he purred. "Where is Sakura?" , he looked left and right. "Why didn't she come with you?"

"I-I don't know" , Number Three stuttered.

"Guys listen to Sensei! Hanako-kun is missing and we need to find him!" , Yashiro, bless her soul, said.