Chapter 5.5: Mokke

Candy

That is all I can think of.

Candy is better served cold.

Or was it revenge?

The boy showed me his perfect teeth and devilish shiny scarlet eyes. What does he want from us? We just steal candy and eat it. Who does he think he is, ordering us around all day long just because he is obviously stronger than us, even though our humble strength is by numbers and it isn't like we like to kill him, just cut him into tiny pieces until they no longer---

"You guys will be my accomplice today!" , the scary boy says, still grinning like the idiot he is. Then I sense something, so pure, so divine, so delicious...

and suddenly, Candy is all I can think of.

His pockets are full of it as he grabs me from my ears and rubs the soft slick stuff on my cheek.

"You want this, don't you?" , he whispers in a voice he thinks will seduce me.

And he's right.

"Candy!" , is all I can think of, as I say it.

The boy finally puts me down on the floor, and he starts his very long lecture about this girl, the one who looks like a vegetable, the one who gives us candy all the time.

We listen attentively, hoping he will keep his promise at the end of the day.

********************

I, as the leader or the Mokke, officially name this mission: Candy retrieval 01.

I take my soldiers to the warfront, the place where all our dreams will come true, the place where we will show the world how important the Mokke are.

The Classroom.

Right now, we are all wearing tiny black scarves around our tiny necks, and nearly-identical copies of Lord Number Seven's school hat.

Because now we work for him.

Unless he doesn't pay us. Then he will work for us.

We advance through the huge square-shaped tables, the tall wooden chairs, the long thin legs of the walking human students, until we spot our target.

Yashiro Nene. The vegetable.

You think we don't know what's going on here? You think we are so horribly innocent that we have no idea who is Lord Seven's weakness?

She is his weakness, and if we destroy her, he will also die, at least figuratively.

But there is a major flaw in this plan.

Well, to make it simple....

She is our weakness too.

Remember when I told you, two paragraphs ago, that she gives us candy all the time?

Exactly.

Yashiro Nene's irises glow with a thousand colors of the sun, as she spots us from a distance. Her smile is almost as delicious as candy. Her voice is low, but we can all hear it.

"Mokke! What are you guys doing here? Did you run out of candy? Do you want some? I think I have them somewhere in my bag, let me see..."

She reaches for the depths of her ocean-colored perfectly rectangle-shaped bag. I almost ditch Lord Seven's payment and eat whatever she gives me, but my first lieutenant nudges me from behind, as if he knew exactly what I was thinking about.