Part one~ the morning

Lily woke up from the deep sleep she was in as she got out of bed and got ready for school. She brushed her hair and put it in a high ponytail.
Some time later lily's dad came and stood at the door. "I'm working late tonight so I won't be able to come see you at the gala." He said sorrowfully. "But you promised! You said you'd be there." She said as she started to cry. "I know, I'm sorry lily, I truly am, but I said I'd cover Penny's shift for her, she really isn't feeling well." He said as he approached lily and put his hand on her shoulder. Lily quickly shook him off. "It's all about Penny these days, I'm your daughter shouldn't you be giving me the attention I need? You booked today off specifically to come see me at the gala." Lily said as she pushed past him and headed for the door. "It's not like that, where's my nice, happy little girl gone?" He said as he chased after her. "She grew up, because she wasn't getting the attention she needed." Lily said as Penny came down the stairs. "Morning you two." She said as she sneezed. "The stairs are behind you." Lily said arrogantly. "Stop lily." Her father said as lily made her lunch. "Is she ok, Sam?" Penny asked as she sat on the sofa. "No, her father isn't going to be at one of her most important events because he's to busy running around after his girlfriend who she used to have respect for but now she has more respect for a dead rat, and her step mum is ruining her life!" Lily ranted as she ate breakfast. "Hurry up and leave lily, I've had enough of this." Penny whined as Sam started getting ready for work. "Gladly, and next time I have an important event, try not to get sick." Lily said as she slammed the front door.