Part five~the fire

"I'm going to go and find Norman." Lily said as Mandy headed to the food table. Lily looked around for her boyfriend. She saw him behind the band stand but couldn't quite make out what he was doing. So she approached him. "Hey, I......" she said as she stopped at the sight of seeing him, kissing Jane. "Can we help you?" Jane said as she got in Lily's face. "No, I just came to see Norman." Lily said holding back her tears. "Get out of here, boyfriend stealer!" Jane said as she pushed lily into a near by drinks table. "Millie now!" Jane called to millie who was behind lily and grabbed her. "Get of me!" Lily shouted helplessly. "Mandy!" She screamed as she was dragged out of the hall. Mandy heard this but didn't know where it was coming from. "Lily?" She called back as she looked for her friend. Meanwhile lily was being looked in the caretakers cupboard. "Let me out Millie!" She shouted. "Not until you learn." She said as Mandy approached from behind her. "Let her out, now!" Mandy shouted hastily. "No." Millie said casually as she walked past Mandy and got a box of matches out of her bag. "This is what you get for messing with me." She said as she set fire to some near by wood. Before Mandy new it she was trapped. "Lily! We have a situation!" Mandy shouted. Lily sniffed around. "It's a fire so you need to get on you hands and knees. What can you see around you?" Lily asked as she led on her front to prevent her from breathing in any smoke like she was taught by her father. "I can see a water fountain and a fire blanket." Mandy said as she to got on her hands and knees. "Ok, good, stay low but grab the blanket and make it damp, but don't soak it." Lily instructed. "Ok, done. What do I do now?" She said as she got back on her knees. "Put it around you and run through the flames, I know it sounds dangerous but, that's what my dad told me to do, when he taught me about fire safety." Lily said as she watched the smoke come in through the gap under the door. "What about you?" Mandy said worryingly. "Get my dad! Get fireman Sam!" Lily said as she coughed, due to the smoke around. "Ok!" Mandy said frightfully. "I trust you!" Lily said supportingly. "I trust you too!" Mandy said before she put the damp blanket over herself and ran through the flames and straight to the doors of the school. When Mandy got out she saw some of the teachers doing a head count, whilst others where calling the fire service and checking the parents. "Lily Jones! Where's lily Jones?" One of the teachers called. Mandy went to her. "She's trapped in the caretakers closet!" Mandy shouted over all the noise. "How did that happen?" The teacher asked. "I'll explain later, just make sure everyone is safe." Mandy said as she went to look for her parents. "Mum, Dad! Are you ok?" She said as she ran over to them. "Yes, we are fine, where's lily?" Helen asked as she checked Mandy over. "Millie and Jane locked her in the caretakers closet." Mandy said as fireman Sam and the pontypandy fire service along with the Newtown fire service arrived. Mandy ran up to Sam. "Sam, Lily's trapped in the caretakers closet! And it's right behind the fire." Mandy informed in a worried expression.