Part four~the gala

Lily got home and ran straight into Penny's arms. "What's wrong lily?" She asked with a concerned tone. "I'm so sorry Penny, I really am." Lily said as she cried as she fell to her knees "Why?" Penny asked getting more worried. "My dad, he didn't want me to tell you, but I will." Lily said as she straightened herself up. "He's cheating on you with elvis." She said as she cried even more. "What?! Penny shrieked. "I know it's hard to believe and he won't admit it, I'm really sorry." Lily said with a frown. Penny shook her head and left. "Penny! Wait!" Lily called after her, but she continued on, and didn't say anything. Lily texted Mandy and told her everything. Mandy said she was on her way, so Lily sat there and cried. What felt like an eternity later, Mandy arrived and wrapped her arms around lily. "Are you ok?" Mandy asked softly. "Yeah, can we just get ready?" Lily said trying to get her mind of the subject. Mandy nodded her head as she helped lily bring her things out to her mums car and they went to Mandy's and got ready for the gala. "Why do they call it a gala? All it is, is the whole year party." Lily giggled as her and Mandy did each other's makeup. "I know right." Mandy said as she noticed Lily's frown. "What's wrong?" Mandy asked as she stood up and helped lily up to. "Jane was right. And I didn't see it." Lily cried as she got changed into the long pink dress she brought for the gala. "So? That doesn't stop you from being lily Jones!" Mandy said enthusiastically. "Your dad may be a lying cheat, but your not!" Mandy said as she got into a purple dress. Lily nodded as they went down stairs. "You both look beautiful!" mrs flood said with a heartwarming smile. "Thank you!" Lily said as Mike, Mandy's dad got the camera and took some photos. After all this excitement, they all went to the car and drove to the girls' school. "We'll see you at the ceremony!" Mandy said as she waved goodbye to her parents who went to go find a good seat.