Chapter 12.

12.

LOUIS

Somehow, I am on the thing and she has thrown herself on in front of me, grabbing the reins, and we are moving.  It's a bit disturbing at first, being up so high, but the motion is quite comfortable after a while.  I am clinging to her like a toddler and leaning my head on the back of her shoulder.  And taking a few moments to adjust and she has us out of the arena and onto a trail among trees and a creek.

"This is my land," she says proudly.  And I relax a bit realizing she's full in control of the four-legged creature. She can feel my sigh once I do.

"You better now? Just keep holding on," she says.  I can only nod.  I find I don't want to loosen my grip, and with my fear slacking, I realize where my hands are, and where her hair is, and how beautiful the land really is, and how relaxing this is, and how I am reminded of the river and tubing with Al. The sun was brilliant that day, and we were alone, and I had complete trust in Harry and the guide he had found for us, but I was on edge.  I was not this relaxed and unguarded on the river.  I was tense and defensive and on, because it was Al.  

"Beautiful," I say after a bit, referring to her and to her land. It’s at this point I notice the rocking sensation, and how firmly my dick is faring up against the sweet of her back. This is going to be obvious to her in about one minute.

"Sing me a song," she says, quietly. "Pouter loves a good song." Sing her something, really? So, I kick off with "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to get out of the rain," in perfect pitch and she laughs.  

"Well, I know you didn't write that," she says finally.  

"The boys and I've been listening to a bit of the old school stuff, lately.  Some Eagles, Journey, all the moldy goldy soft rock," I offer.  I, on the other hand, am definitely not soft at this point.  "Our latest album has quite a breezy touch."  My God the rocking and the smell of her hair, and I try to think of anything I could possibly sing for her, save Ed's Give Me Love in my best groan.

"Something from that?" she asks. Since I can't think of much else, I sing her my bit from Fireproof..."I think I'm gunna win this time. Ridin’ on the wind and I won't give up. I think I'm gonna win this time. And I roll and I roll till I change my luck. Yea I roll and I roll till I change my luck." I throw in the chorus. It sounds weird to me out in the air, with no inears.  I cringe.  

"Short song," she says, laughing.

"Well, that's my part.  Without the boys, the full effect, harmonies.  Not the same."

"More." she says.

"Okay," and I go into my part from Steal My Girl. "Again, there are four other lads..."

"Your voice is really different.." she begins.  Ugh.  Here we go.  

"It's gravelly and yet not, and kinda. Well, what's the word? Plaintive and desperate, and damn sexy. Did you write those?"  And she just comes right out and says that about my voice.  And I think about the last time anyone, even the lads have said anything about my voice, specifically.  Even mum. I think it was Jamie...I think he said to me, maybe three months ago, "Your voice is the grace in this"  It was a high compliment, and there are few.  But plaintive, and sexy? I actually found myself moving my arms to hold her more closely.  

"Well, yes with Liam and a few others we wrote it," I said. She seemed to settle back against me in the saddle, or was that my imagination.

"Will you sing me a whole song by the fire later?" she asks.

I find her ear with my mouth again, and move the hair out of the way, "Yes" I say softly.  And I am no longer upset that I had to ride this devil beast, Pouter, at all.  I want to gallop back now as fast as he will take us.