Chapter 3

The next two weeks were smooth sailing. Kana had fully integrated herself into the team, and felt as if she was truly home once more. She's gotten close with each of the team members. She'd often train with Kevin per his request, seeing as she'd best him every time, he wanted to learn from her. Mia and Emily often dragged Kana into their late night gossiping sessions or movie nights in Mia's room. Mike and her shared sarcastic banter and bonded through silent gestures and sarcastic eyebrow raises (mostly toward Kevin). Antonio invited Kana to fish, and she would go spend time with him whenever she could. Finally, Jayden and her were just about right where they left off last year, as normal as it can get. They trained every dawn, sat together at their spot on the roof every night, and bantered in their own way. Four Nighlock monsters had attacked in the two weeks, and all four were bested by the Rangers. It seemed like they were on a roll, but things were growing tense. Mentor could tell that Master Xandred was growing in strength, because of the frequency of the Nighlock attacks, which brought him more fear and power into the Sanzu river. This was just the calm before the storm, Kana realized. She also realized that she couldn't have come back at a better time, before everything hit the fan.

"I'm glad everything's back to normal, kid." Jason's voice rang through the beauty's phone. She was getting ready to head out with Jayden to spar along the shore, for a change of scenery.

"Yeah, but something's coming. It's been too easy lately," Kana mentioned her worries.

"So long as you stick together with your team, you'll get through it." Jason assured, and Kana smiled. As expected from the original leader. "I know you hate when I remind you, but make sure to stick to your restrictions." Kana rolled her eyes.

"I know, I know," she waved him off, "only use thirty percent of my power, got it."

"Kana, it's serious if you go even a percent above that, your body's still getting used to the Morphing Grid energy within you. Anything over thirty percent could be-"

"Lethal, I know. You've only told me short of a million times." Kana cut in, "don't worry so much, I've got it handled." She heard Jason sigh.

"Yeah, I know. I worry, okay?"

"Yes, and god bless Tommy for putting up with all of that for so long."

"Hey!" Kana chuckled.

"I gotta go, I'll call you later. Tell Tommy I say hi."

"Alright kid, stay safe," with that, Jason hung up. Kana rushed out of her room, finding Jayden already in the living room waiting for her.

"Sorry, it was Jason." She smiled t him apologetically.

"No worries, ready?" Kana nodded, and the two were about to head out just as the gap sensor went off. Their gazes turned serious, and they rushed into the main room.

"What is it?!" Mia exclaimed, as her and the others rushed from different ends of the house to the vision panel.

"Giant Moogers!" Emily awed at all of the Nighlock around the city.
"Go." Mentor ordered, as Kana gritted her teeth in frustration.
"Kana?" Before running out fully, Jayden turned to look to the beauty who hadn't moved.

"I don't have a zord, I'm no good. Go." She urged him, and he gave her a nod, running out after the others. Kana gripped the sides of the panel, watching the attack helplessly. Pushing herself off of the panel, she paced around with a scowl. Mentor looked to her, but was focused on the battle just as the rangers arrived.

Kana took out her phone, and dialed the second number on her speed dial.

"Kana hey, what's-"

"Tommy, I need my Zord." She cut the man off, and he sighed.