Chapter 5

"You're telling me you've been training your body to handle almost up to forty percent?!" Kana couldn't tell if Tommy was scolding or praising her, but he was surely yelling.

"I've had to, things have been hard around here. At this rate, I'll be able to activate my Zord without too much pain, right?" She heard the man sigh on the other end of the phone.

"Theoretically, yes. Just be careful, we don't know much about all of this, Jason and I have been trying to do more research, but you're the first person the Morphing Grid's given its power to like this, we're charging in blind here."

"I get that, I do. I'll be careful, and I'll update you if anything changes."

"You better." Tommy chimed, making Kana smile as she hung up the call. She then headed to the backyard, where Jayden waited for her.

"Everything alright?" He looked to her, sitting on one of the lawn chairs. There was a towel around his shoulders, and a small table beside him with the supplies Kana would need.

"Yeah, just checking in." She told him simply, and went to stand behind him, "right, finally. You can barely see with the hair in your eyes. Lord knows it's annoying inside the helmet." Jayden chuckled, the beauty going and grabbing the hair scissors.

"It doesn't bother me too much, but whatever you say," he hummed with a shrug, allowing the girl to work her magic. Kana had been the one that always trimmed Jayden's hair growing up, and that wasn't about to change anytime soon.

Two weeks had gone by since the duel with Deker, and the team was holding their own against Nighlock. Kana continued to train so that she could handle releasing more of the Morphing Grid's power, but it was a slow and steady race. If she pushed her limits, she'd be right where she was when she let out that first burst of power weeks ago.

"Okay..." Kana walked around Jayden, her keen eyes narrowed as she examined her work, seeing if she missed any spots. "Done!" She decided, happy with her work. She took the mirror that was on the table and gave it to the boy with a satisfied grin. Taking it, Jayden examined his new haircut, and his smile grew wide.

"Didn't expect anything less," he praised, taking the towel off of his shoulders and standing. "Thanks, as always."

"Ah, what would you do without me?" Kana hummed out dramatically, going and grabbing a broom that was by the door, beginning to sweep the loose hair on the ground.

"Seriously," Jayden admitted with a scoff, aiding her by cleaning up the table and folding the towels. "Alright, training?" Jayden then suggested once things were somewhat cleaned up.

"Naturally," Kana smirked, following the red ranger through the house and to the front courtyard. The two had been wearing their training gear, so they were ready.

"Woah, you're right, I can see better now!" Jayden commented mid swing, his Spin Sword clashing with Kana's Void Scythes. The beauty couldn't help her eye roll as she twirled one scythe between her fingers nimbly, while the other blocked Jayden's sword.

"After all these years, you still question me," Kana let out sarcastically, pushing Jayden back as he dodged the strike from her other scythe.

"What can I say, apparently I'm pretty stubborn," Jayden chimed with a grin. He was about to charge once more, when his Samuraizer beeped from the bench. Both him and Kana's expressions turned serious, and Jayden went over to pick up the call.

"Yeah, we'll be right there." He spoke into the phone, hanging up. "Trouble downtown." Kana nodded, and they wasted no time in rushing into the house.