Chapter Four

I awake to someone's hand over my mouth. My breathing quickens as I realize my hands are chained to a railing and someone's on me. Whoever it is it isn't Brett, I know that for sure. I try to move my head to see where I'm at. 

I'm in my room on my bed but the chair that usually occupies Dan is empty. He wouldn't let anyone in here unless he were also coming to watch the show.  He's up to something. 

"Did I tell you you could leave this morning?" Dan wobbles slightly as he walks into the room, nodding to whoever lays their body on me to get off. When he stops in front of me, I smell all the alcohol on him. I want to plug my nose, but I know that any other movement I make, he'll send the boys after me. "Answer the question, you little fuck," he barks in my face.

I look him straight in the eyes, "No, you didn't."

"Then why did you think you could leave for school."I stay silent because I know it's a rhetorical question. "What are the rules?"

"Don't leave without your permission," I mumble out.

"And what did you do?"

"I left without your permission."  Dan steps away and moves toward the guy, whispering something into his ear. Whatever he's planning for me will end me, I can tell by the glint in his eyes. The guy begins to unchain me only allowing me to sit up on the bed. Dan squeezes my face with his hand, my jaw immediately starts hurting in excruciating pain. 

 "I don't think you want to end up like Brett just yet, so listen carefully. You're going to do a job for me." My eyes widen when he says Brett's name. Brett is his best friend, so it's hard for me to believe that he would just kill Brett.

"Get her ready. We leave in 10." The guy must nod as Dan lets go of my face pushing it firmly away.

"Get dressed," a gruff voice speaks as clothing is thrown at me. Looking up I see it's a dark navy shirt, black leggings, and a black jacket with the initials DL.

I stood to go out of the room and to the bathroom but a guy was blocking the way. "Get changed," was all he said as I tried to leave again.

Feeling defeated I took off my sweater leaving me in my old black too-small bra and quickly put on the navy shirt and jacket. Pulling down the shirt so it would cover my underwear, I slipped down my sweats and slid into the black leggings. I grabbed my tennis shoes from the corner of the room and tied them. I didn't dare look in the mirror because I already knew what I would see. The same dull eyes and messy hair. I decided tonight I would leave. my hair down.

Taking a deep breath I turned to the guys, waiting for them to take me somewhere I knew wasn't safe. Two guys grabbed onto my arms and the third one stayed behind us as they both led me out of my room and into a black SUV with tinted windows. As soon as they placed me into the car a cloth came towards my mouth and a bag was placed over my head. I prayed with everything that I had in me that I would die today no matter what. I felt my eyes close and my body collapsed against the seat as I passed out.

___________________________

I painstakingly open my eyes, my neck feels stiff. I reach up to rub it I feel something constricting them from doing so. Looking down is see my wrists are tied to a wooden chair. Squinting my eyes I look into the blackness, but nothing stands out against the single hanging light.

A harsh bang comes from behind me as metal clinks against metal. The sound of shoes hitting the concrete ground makes me look up fast causing my neck to hurt in agony.

"Have a nice rest, Skylar?" I don't miss the sarcastic humor in his voice. "I have a proposition for you," his voice is whispering into my ear as his hands move my hair away from my neck. His thumb rubs over the spot just below my ear in my neck. Goosebumps arise on my skin and a shiver goes through my back as though spiders were crawling down it.

"What do you need me to do?" My voice is as monotone as can be. Over the years I've learned not to question what he wants. If you hesitate to complete the task, you get a bullet shot between your eyes, but he wouldn't kill me because he loves to watch me suffer.

"You're going to intercept a drug deal going down on the Southside of town. There's a big man in town and I want him and his drugs. You know what you have to do. I'll give you 4 hours to complete the task. Go ahead and untie her boys." He kisses my head as if I was his child and whispers the same phrase as always. "Kill or be tortured til you wish to die."

The door slams behind me as he leaves and two burly men walk toward me uniting my wrists and legs. One of the men, known as Kelvin, hands me a set of keys, while the other waits by the door for me to leave.

I don't dare look them in the eye as I walk out and head to the garage in the warehouse. I hear the footsteps of the two as they trail slowly behind me. Security Dan tells me. But I know it's only to let him know that I'm not leaving and bailing out yet.

I grab the small suitcase that is just for me. Filled with guns, knives, and bombs for just-in-case measures. Tonight I'll be using guns and knives to take down this 'powerful man', whoever it is.

The south side of town is about an hour and a half drive from the location Dan took me to. That will only leave me with enough time to grab the money and drugs and also kill the guy. Along with his accomplices.

I hop into the black Audi R8 that is used for missions and throw the suitcase in the passenger seat. The GPS is already set.

I wait for the two guys to get into the black SUV before I pull out of the garage and onto the dirt-covered road. Trees and grass swoosh by my window as I drive out and back onto the main road.

Here we go.