Trying to Admit The Truth To Samantha

Song: Wait for you- Tom Walker and Zoe Wess

I can hear them in their bedroom trying to talk low so that I can't hear them but I can. My mom just wants me to keep quiet about everything but dad thinks I need to tell someone. Mom is just afraid that I will go to jail however, he tells her that we have a strong case and there is no way in hell that they would do that since it was all self-defense. He explains that we should have said something months ago when it happened. I hear my mom say something about what if they can't protect me...what if everything blows up and on top of that she thinks I'm going to lose it. I hear her tell him that she doesn't want to send me back to the facility. I know she is scared but so am I....but we all know what needs to be done.

The next day, dad is fixing himself a cup of coffee when I walk into the kitchen. Mom is trying to cook breakfast. When she turns to look at me she tries to avoid looking at me directly because she has been crying; her eyes are all puffy and red. She thought I wouldn't notice but do.

"Good morning sweetheart." My dad says when he sees me.

"Good morning." I reply as I sit across from him.

"So...your mom and I have talked it over and I'm going to give Samantha a call this morning to see if she can meet us. You sure you want to go through with this?"

I shake my head no but then nod yes. "No...but she needs to know what really happened."

"Ok...I will call her." He puts down his mug and them kisses my mom before leaving.

That night the three of us meet her at a local café. Dad feels that we need to be in a location where other people are around us because he has a feeling that she is going to flip out.

I watch my mom hug her when she comes over to the table. They were really close but I'm not sure if they even talk to each other anymore, not since we moved. My dad shakes her hand. "Glad you could make it tonight."

I glance at her but then look away. I'm not sure that I can do this after all...suddenly I feel like I'm going to be sick and my the palms of my hands are really sweaty. I look down at them and they are starting to tremble.

'Don't tell her anything.'

'She won't believe you.'

'Seriously don't do this.'

I grab my head and start massaging it, while closing my eyes. 'Will you two shut up.' I don't say it out loud for anyone to hear. 'Please...let me handle this.'

"Coralie is everything alright." My mom looks at me concerned.

I let go of my head. "Yes...think I'm just getting a headache." I lie because my mom has never really been alright with me talking about the voices in my head and there is no reason to bring it up right now.

"So...you guys wanted to tell me something?" Samantha says. She looks more at my mom but the moment she looks at me I have a really sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I jump up from the table, making my way to the restroom. I run into the stall and pace back and forth in the super small space. I'm hyperventilating and when I hear the main door open up, I puke in the toilet.

There is a light knock on the door. "Honey...are you ok?" My mom sounds really worried about me.

"Yeah..." I lie. No I'm not ok. How I can be...why is it that you hear me puking and ask if I'm ok seriously, does it freaking look like it. I open the door and she hands me a wet paper towel. I wipe my mouth off and look in the mirror. The girl staring back looks sick like she is coming down with something with light circles around her eyes.