Hot Chocolate

|| Kirishima ||

We had already been practicing for five hours, I could tell by everyone's synchronous yawning that we'd already overdone it for the night. "Alright, let's just call it a night. I'm exhausted." I lied, trying to play it off by stretching out my arms above my head.

"Finally! My fingers are starting to cramp," Denki sulked, dropping his head onto the keyboard.

"Five hours is nothing, bunch of pansies," Bakugou mumbled, rolling the drumstick between his fingers. Though he always insisted on keeping up this tough exterior, I knew him better than anyone else. Even himself sometimes. Bakugou's eyes were more narrow and soft than earlier, he usually goes to bed at a decent time, I'm sure it took longer than he expected. I shrugged at him, "Whatever, if you nerds need the fucking sleep, I guess its fine. We don't need to be dragging out every last bit of energy we have when we have a show coming up in three days anyhow."

"So soon?" Yuzuki asked, as she wrapped her overly large scarf around her neck.

"Yeah, the battle of the bands is coming up and we need to keep our name out there," her face understanding, forming a small pout with her lips as she thought to herself for a second.

"Nervous?" Denki teased, packing up his sound equipment.

"Not really, but I was wondering what other bands were going to be performing. I haven't heard of anyone else..." she titled her head curiously. I found it incredibly sweet how subtle her emotions peeked through every so often, it seemed like they preferred hiding out. Yuzuki has been difficult to read, but she sure as hell knew how to perform. I wasn't sure if it was because she was shy or there was more to it. It was like she was a completely different person on stage. I wanted to know more, but the last thing I wanted to do was push her, especially when we were all still getting to know each other. It was the same curiosity that drew me towards Bakugou. He often pushed me aside in the beginning too. I'm just hoping she'll get more comfortable around us.

"Don't bother remembering their names. Those damn extras won't even make it far enough to play outside of the local coffee shop," Bakugou scoffed, shoving his his sticks in his back pocket. I admired that confident attitude of his and how much he wanted to reach his goal.

"Fair point," Yuzuki shrugged agreeing, slightly ticking off my hot-headed best friend.

"I don't need your damn approval," He responded, the low tones in his voice softer than usual. He's probably tired...She smirked, reaching into her bag to pull out a a pack of nicotine lights, as he continued to grumble to himself and gather his things.

"Maybe not, but here you might need it more than me," She said handing him a single cigarette, "Even?" His eyes scanned it menacingly it as if he didn't quite trust it.

"Whatever, see you tomorrow losers," Bakugou walked off, pushing her aside with his shoulder, snatching the thin nicotine drag from her fingertips.

"Bro, don't be so harsh-" Bakugou sighed annoyed at my lecturing. I gotta give him some credit, he's become better at being around people. Though his mouth sure needed some work.

"Wait up dude. You're the one that gave me a ride!" Denki panicked, struggling to gather and hold the wires and keyboard in his arms.

"Then hurry up, dumbass!" That same raspy tone broke through the soundproofed studio. The lungs on that guy are crazy, surprised his vocal chords aren't shattered yet.

As the garage door opened and closed, the smell of rain on the pavement seeped into the room. The sounds of raindrops hitting the roof became more apparent. Yuzuki darted her attention to the ceiling and towards the open door, taking immediate notice of the weather, "It's raining?"