26

Hermione Pov 

Hermione stood among the other members of the pack as Fenrir was explaining to the entire pack what they were planning on doing with dealing the battle that was coming up real soon. She stood right beside Marie, who she noticed was messing with a ring on her pinkie finger. It was a simple silver band that was carved to look like two vines with leaves wrapping around a scarlet rose. 

"What a lovely ring, Marie." Hermione pointed to her. Marie gazed up to her before gazing back down on the ring and grin. 

"My late husband gave it to me. He accidentally got a ring too small, but I love it nonetheless." Marie told her, her eyes slowly becoming misty, "Oh, I remember the day he proposed to me. He walked me to the middle of the forest near the stony bank of this pond with a gleaming waterfall covered with willow trees. It was like I stepped into paradise. Soon he looked me in the eye and told me to close my eyes. So I did. Then he told to open them. I did. There he was on his knee holding this ring in hand and he whispered to me, 'Marie, will you be the moon to my wolf?' and I said 'yes'. It a moment that I pray every women has a engagement like that." 

"That's lovely." Hermione stated to her as she felt her own eyes began to mist up. Hermione's attention was shot up to see the pack separating to get prepared. Hermione watched as Remus slowly walked over to her, his eyes glowing with his nervousness about what was about to go down very soon. 

"Are you sure you want to do this, Hermione?" he asked her, probably silently praying that she changed her mind about all of this. Hermione, however, shook her head and grinned. 

"It's time to not hide anymore, Remus. Now is the time to start fighting." Hermione claimed to him before walking alongside Marie to the entrance of the castle to start heading out. 

*time skip* 

The battle was long and hard to go through as they lost so many on their side. Thankful though, the final blow happened as Voldemort shattered into dust. Hermione couldn't help but release her happiness out as she hugged the nearest person, which happened to be Scabior who returned the gesture with slamming his lips against her forehead. 

Hermione brushed her head against his chest, only for the happiness to fade soon when she noticed Fenrir leaning down while holding the hand of someone laying motionless on the ground. Hermione removed her arms from Scabior as she moved towards Fenrir. She was about to call out to him when her eyes landed right on the body. The body was Marie. Hermione gasped in sorrow as she bent do to Marie's side. 

"Oh Merlin, Marie." She cried while she ran her hands through Marie's hair. Marie appeared more like she was in a nap and would wake up soon, but Hermione knew too well she will never open her eyes again. Hermione felt tears began to drip down her face when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her on both sides. 

Even though she had known Marie for merely a week, it felt like she had lost an important member of her family. She watched as other pack members carefully picked her up from the ground and started to walk her away. Through her blurry eyes she could see Scabior and Fenrir weeping their eyes out as well (even though Fenrir was trying to hold it all in like a touch Alpha). Soon she was carefully picked up to her feet and was carried away. 

*Time skip* 

Hermione sat as she watched them perform a proper funeral (werewolf style) by burying her at during the nighttime under a new moon with dazzling stars glowing above them. Marie was laid out on Wolf's Bane with lavender and lilac flowers in her hands. She was dressed in a sapphire dress with long sleeves and a low cut neckline. Her hair was spread around her head with not a single lock on her face. She appeared like she was sleeping peacefully.

 Hermione listened to countless people tell the many stories  (including Remus) about how she took care of them, taught them, gave advise when it was needed, and even comfort them when they were down. The best stories were the ones where they describe the countless nights of how she cook the most delightful meals. 

Once it was over, they carefully buried her around an old willow tree. The same willow tree that her husband was buried at. Hermione had to admit it was the most beautiful service she had seen as she watched them tossed petals of different flowers into the sky. Hermione was soon pulled aside by Fenrir with Scabior away from everyone else. 

"Marie had given me one order of business before she had passed. She needed me to show you something." Fenrir told her as they slowly started to take her towards the forest.