Chapter 6: Revelations

[A/N: Replace the cabinets with bookcases

[A/N: Replace the cabinets with bookcases. There's a security camera in the top left corner.]

Kala and Mittelt are relaxing in a white room. Mittelt is lying on the couch, kicking her feet and flipping through channels while Kala sits on a blue chair reading.

Mittelt: "Seen it. Seen it. Hate it. Don't wanna see it. Seen it."

Normally, this would annoy Kala, but she's wearing a pair of sound-cancelling earbuds.

After a few minutes, the elevator opens. Mittelt snaps her head to the door to see Amadeus carrying Raynare in a towel.

Mittelt: "Oh! (*wave*) Hey boss!"

This catches Kala's attention as she pulls out her earbuds and looks towards her new Master.

Kala: "Is she...?"

Amadeus: "She's alive, just tired."

He places Raynare in a chair next to Kala.

Kala: "Huh. I'm surprised. I would've thought-"

Amadeus: "-that I would kill her?"

Kala nods.

Amadeus: "(*head shake*) No. If I wanted her dead, I would have left her to be killed by the Devils."

Kala: "I see. You still have yet to explain just why you decided to capture us instead of the alternative."

Amadeus: "I promise to explain, but, for now, let's wait for Raynare to wake up."

Amadeus moves to the couch. He gestures Mittelt to move, which she does, and sits down. Mittelt then lays back down, putting her head on his lap.

Mittelt: "Hey, by the way, what'dya end up doin' with Dohnaseek?"

Amadeus: "Without giving too much away, let's just say he's getting the same treatment as Raynare."

Kala and Mittelt cringe and shiver, knowing that could have been them if they didn't choose to serve Amadeus.

Amadeus: "For now, let's wait for Raynare to wake up before I explain. That way, I won't have to repeat myself."

Mittelt: "(*groan*) Fiiine..."

Kala: "Well, now what do we do? We don't know how long it will be until Raynare wakes up."

Mittelt: "Hell if I know, but while we have time..."

Mittelt lifts her skirt to show her belly button, which still has the pink mark on it.

Mittelt: "...could you, like, take these things off? They've been buggin' us for a while now."

Amadeus goes wide-eyed before facepalming.