la vie en rose midnight cafe

a/n: this will be the last chapter of la vie en rose! it's been a year since I last posted a chapter, and I have figured that I no longer have the energy to continue this anthology. it will be a sweet one that addresses all of the characters :) after this, I will be editing the whole book. hope you all like it

twitter

@lavieenrose February 1st, 2025

To celebrate La Vie En Rose's five year anniversary, we will be having a short story competition! Through conversations with our customers, we have heard about many interesting and romantic events happening with the help of the cafe, and we would like to reach out to all of you for real-life stories that took place at the cafe! More details can be found at this website: www.lavieenroseoneyear.com. Submit your entries to lavieenrose@gmail.com by February 20th, 2020. Good luck!

@lavieenrose February 5th, 2025

We will be having a five-year anniversary promotion and gathering on March 7th, 2023. 50% off all items in-store! We look forward to seeing all of you there.

@lavieenrose February 25th, 2025

La Vie En Rose has heard your voices and stories! We have picked out the top 3 winners of our short story competition! Head on down to our cafe on March 7th, 2025, for the winners to be announced! See you there!

real life

sarah and david smile as sarah types out the last few words of the story. "okay?" she asks, as david presses a kiss to the top of her head. "beautiful. you really are a writer," her boyfriend of three years responds, and they both smile. 

"I'll go ahead and send it in, then," sarah says, with david nodding.

"sent!" sarah announces and closes her laptop. david tackles her with a kiss and a hug, and they both laugh in happiness.

-

lyndon nuzzles into jakob's bare chest as jakob reads out the completed story. "is that okay?" jakob says, after finishing. 

lyndon nods, kissing the other on the jaw. "I love it," he says simply.

jakob kisses lyndon squarely on the lips. "I love you too."

-

luna breaks down into tears as she types out those few journal entries her husband had wrote before he passed away, and adds one more line.

on: my forever husband

he left last night peacefully. I still love him and I will no matter what. I'm still a dreamer, because I believe he wants me to live life as I always have. dear diary, thank you for being with him for this long. this will be the last entry. even if you forget everything, please just remember our love. our everlasting love. even if he is not forever, and even if I'm not forever, together, we are forever. not even till death do us part.

- luna, his forever wife

luna sighs as she sends the submission. it'll be a tribute to him, and she knows he'll love it because he still loves her.

-

sarah holds david's hand as they enter the cafe. it's the day of the celebration, and excitement is in the air. it's been two years since david had quit his job at the cafe for a better job, but he still kept in contact with his fellow co-workers. 

all of their faces light up as they see them. great to see you again's and nice to meet you's echo throughout the cafe, as the environment buzzes with excitement in the middle of the night.

"david! do you want to make a speech or something? we've missed you so much and I'm sure some of the customers here recognise you!" one of the staff says, and david obliges.