|•Back To The Starting Point•|

"Welp. Congrats. You failed already."

Huh? Failed? What? Who?

"....Hello? Anyone home? Lily? Ya there?"

"....Huh?" My eyes flutter open at the mention of my name. "Oh. You. What am I doing back here?" I find myself staring at and questioning the person I hate most right now, Amiel.

"Didn't you just hear me? You failed miserably. I only sent you there a day ago and you already managed to die for a second time." Amiel informs me. Well, I wouldn't say I died. More like the body died.

"Huh? Died. Wait-what does that mean?!" I slam my hands on the table, making tea spill everywhere.

I look at the mess and back and Amiel. He looked pissed. Oops. I think I made him mad....

"Clean this up," he demands in a calm but angrily manner.

I don't have a rag or anything, so how am I supposed to clean this up? "Okay..." I sulk, ripping off a piece of my skirt to use as a makeshift rag.

Cleaning up the mess, Amiel stares at me in silence. I wonder if he's already planing my doom as we speak. Oh god, what if he plans on torturing me himself?!

Sitting back down I start to press a conversation onto him before being shutdown by his voice. "Look, I know what you are thinking okay. There's no need to assume what I'll do."

...Huh?

Right. Forgot that he's an all-knowing god. "But still! I deserve a second chance! You see-"

"I know what happened. If you really want to go back you must promise me something," his voice goes back to that cold tone from the other day.

"....What?" I squint at him suspiciously. Just what does he think he's planing?! To send me back on repeat every time I fail?

"If you fail another time, you will have to stay there forever. Dead or alive."

"Didn't you say this already? Something like, 'Let's just say you'd have a pretty miserable life?'" I imitate his voice.

"Oh, that. I'd just meant that if you failed to find a lover for the host before the "game" or whatever is over, you'd have to stay in that body. But now I'm saying that if you fail and/or die trying, you will stay there no questions asked.~"

Is it just me or is this man kinda....sadistic....?

"Either way, it sounds like torture!"

"I know! That's what makes it fun! I get to see you and your sorry ass fail!" He pipes up, his cheery sounding voice mixed in with his angry, dominating voice.

That's what I realized his face was inches away from mine. A little too close. "Look, can I just have a second chance?"

"Hmmm....fine. I let you go. But-" I cut him off. "Oh what now?!"

"But," he continues, "Promise that you'll entertain me more. Okay?~"

....Huh? Entertain...? What in the world does he mean by that...?!

Sighing, I finally give in. "Fine. I'll take your stupid offer." I start walking to the door before Amiel's voice stops me.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to give you these." He gestures for me to come back and sit down.

Groaning as I do so, I sit back down. Will I ever get out of this place?!

"The first thing I have for you is a little thing us gods like to call "Gods Blessing". In your case, because I am the watcher of time and human souls, you get two types of magic. Ones that I like to call, 'Time Freeze' and 'Soul Seer'," He explains.