Chapter 9: Battle on the Cliffs

WHOOSH!

The Phoenix came flying over them in fast speed, the air blew hard over them that it pushed them back.

Down below,  Koda was carrying Leena, ber arms wrapped around his shoulders as the otter tried to get her to dry land but she was heavier than him so it was hard. Luckily, Khan was there to help and he took the lioness from the otter and carried her in his arms as he swam to land with the kit following him.

Back to the Phoenix, Tazer had control of the ship and he looked down and saw the battle. "Ah a battle. I love a good fight" Adira commented as she pounded her fists. But the fox noticed Khan, Leena and Koda in the water. "Looks like Leena's down. We gotta land and get her inside" Tazer informed but then his ears perked at some beeping and he looked at the monitor, telling him that the back door was opened and he looked behind him just in time to see Adira jump off the ship. "I'm not even gonna stop her" Tazer said annoyed as he turned back to piloting.

Adira landed on the ground near Kara and the professor, startled by the snow leopard's appearance. Adira turned to Kali and Max. "Now this is a battle I've waited for" Adira said as she smiled confident.

Twitch shot his long tongue at her again and it stuck to her arm but the tiger was clever and she pulled on his tongue and threw him over to the edge. But Kara luckily caught his friend.

Down below, Khan brought Leena to the ground with Koda dragging her gently since the shark could go off shore. The otter kit shook her gently, trying to wake her up but nothing.

Tazer landed the ship next to them and Zinti and Bella ran out to help. Back to Max and the others, Kali snarled at them. But Max decided to take the chance to talk to Kali.

"Kali wait! Let's just talk. Please I have to know" Max pleaded with her. Kali remained silent, looking at him but she knew that he had no idea what happen so she nodded and retracted her blades back. Max put his staff away before turning to Higga and Klara, the eye contact telling them watch his back. His two friends nodded him that they got his back before he turned back to the tiger.

"The last we saw eachother we were cubs. We were friends" Max told her upset, his ears down sad. He remembered how much they played when they were small. He remembered how Kali was sweet yet rebellious, loved to play by her rules.

"I know. And we can still be friends" Kali told him genuinely which surprised Max yet it made him hopeful. "If you join me alongside Apachi and help me take the throne from Leena, not only can we be friends again but we can strengthen the relationship between our kinds" Kali offered him but Max's smile fell and his eyes widen alarmed.

"What?!" Max said alarmed. He never thought Kali would turn against her sister. Back down, Leena slowly started to woke up, her eyes opened seeing the blue sky...and something else. She squinted her brown eyes to see two figures standing way above from a cliff watching, one of them looked down.

Leena gasped when she recognized that face...the face of the knight from her dreams. She quickly stood up, alerting Koda who was watching with Khan. "Leena your awake"  Koda said relieved but Leena wasn't as she stared at them...she wondered who was with the knight.

"Kali why would you want to overthrow Felina?! She's your sister" Max told her shocked. Kali got angry and shook her head "Sister? My own sister turned against me. I was the only one in clan who knew that it our people's fault that we were suffering. And that the only way to save ourselves was restoring peace with the lions and accepting out mistakes" Kali explained as she unsheathed her blades again and Max held on his staff, ready to take out as the two circled eachother.

"Once Felina took the throne, I saw a chance to fix things. Instead she turned against me. Refused to listen me. And in the end, we fought and she froze me. In ice! My own sister!" Kali yelled furiously as she lunged at him with her blades. Max took his staff out but before they made contact, Adira leaped up and landed a kick at tiger, pushing her back.

Kali snarled angry and annoyed as Adira smirked, her fists up, ready to fight. "Can you handle two cats fiesty?" Adira teased as she looked over at Max and nodded to him to say she has his back. Max smiled at her as they looked back at the tiger. Kali was getting more annoyed and was about to lunge another attack when...

WHOOSH! A powerful breeze with glowing green leaves came rushing and swirling all over them. It moved so fast it was hard to make of it but Max opened his eyes to see some kinda brown blur but they widen when she recognized those glowing green leaves. "The guardian" he whispered surprised.

Everyone watched amazed but Leena looked up and saw the knight alone, realizing that knight was with he guardian. "Oh ho! The guardian! He's here!" Koda said exicted, jumping up and down.

The guardian leaped up in the air and SLAM! He slam back into the ground, releasing a powerful blow of green glowing leaves sending everyone back. Kali got thrown into the bushes while Max, Kara, Twitch, Spike, Adira and Higga got blown over the cliff.

"Max!" Leena yelled out alarmed, her hand out to them as she stood up but she fell down, her legs numb while Koda caught her. Max and his friends braced for a watery splash but the glowing green leaves came back and caught them gently and carried over to land. Max turned around to see the guardian watching them from the cliff before the green leaves gathered around him and he teleported.

Everyone was amazed and surprised. But Leena turned back to the other cliff and saw the knight before she walked away. Who was that? And could she be connected to the guardian?