Chapter 14

I am finally free. Well not free but out on bail after spending six hours in a cell. They don't call him War for nothing. When you go up against him thats exactly what you're going to get. I was officially arrested at seven but thanks to Mr. Tyler wasn't booked and place in a cell until twelve a.m. and by six a.m I was walking out the door. Seems Uncle Warren was able to get a hold of a judge early this morning to get my bail set. Mr. Tyler paid it now I'm out.

I ran down the hall and straight into Devins waiting arms jumping and wrapping my legs arouns his waist. We kiss like we haven't seen each other in years. Lets get out of here he says.

As we walk to the truck I noticed that he looked  tired. He opens my door and helps me in. As he seats himself. I ask him whats wrong. He's quiet for a minute and says I'm supposed to protect you keep you safe but last night I couldn't.

Yes, you did. I said, you followed me there and I heard you defend me against their lies you stayed with me until they placed me in that cell and from the looks of it you stayed there all night. Didn't you? Yes I did, he says. You did the best you could in a bad situation and I'm grateful for it. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend and kisses his cheek.

He leans over and kisses me. Now get me home so I can get out of these clothes and shower. I look up and he's smiling. What are you smiling about? I ask. You said get me home. You called my house your home. I smiled back I guess I did.

We pulled up to the house, the Tylers were outside waiting. Madison beats them to me pulling me into her arms. Good to have you back sweetie.

Thank you its good to be back I say. Hallies next she says I wanted to stay home with you today but mom won't let me. Its ok we can hangout when you come home from school.

Ok everyone let the young lady come inside so she can get cleaned up and changed. Says Mr. Drake I also spoke with your uncle and he should be here later this afternoon. Great so he can be here when I get back from school.

Yes I can arrange that. But are you sure you want to attend school today. We understand if you need another day off. Says Mr. Tyler. No I'm going. Its very important that I show up at school today.

Hair freshly washed and body showered I slip on my black and white Nike leggings with matching black top and black and white Nike tennis shoes. Applied a little more makeup than I normally wear and pulled my hair into a bun on top my head.

I walked to Devins room. Knocked on the door. He answers with hair and body wet in only a towel wrapped around his waist. Oh sorry I'll come back when your dressed. Come on in unless you think you can't handle seeing me like this he says.

I walk in and take a seat on his bed while he goes back into the bathroom. He comes back out in a pair of Black Joggers, Black Nike tee and Black Nike tennis shoes. I look at him and say twins much. Hey, I thought I should show solidarity. Show her I'm in this for the long hall.

I know that's why your going to school today to show your stepsister that your out and what they did hasn't affected you he says.

Your absolutely right. I can't wait to see her face when I walk into school today. I say. When we walk into school Devin corrected. Now go grab your stuff.

Entering the commons area at school we walk in holding hands. Shavon spots us and runs over. Oh my god I am so glad to see you. What happened to you yesterday. I tried calling but you never answered. I was so worried I even went to your house but Angel said you didn't live there anymore. Then this morning there was a rumor going around that you were arrested yesterday. And you two are dressed a like. Happy coincidence?

Slow down Shay.  I said before I proceed to tell her the events of the last two days.

OMG she says I can't believe this is happening to  you. You must have been devastated. I was but It's ok. The Tylers are great, they are letting me stay with them until Uncle Warren gets everything taken care of. I just have to work on getting me a new car.