2

Hey! So... I changed the timeline (once again!)
I'm sorry, it really bothers me the 'not being accurate' about it, also I just had the general idea of what to do but now, trying to write it, I realized that I have no idea how to. (as per usual)

***

Friday:

It was already dark and I was almost ready to go to Maggie's.

I wore my everyday jeans and a slightly tight sleeveless t-shirt, I also put some earrings on.
That's another thing I've missed, I haven't felt like myself this last 3 years, probably dressing like I used to won't make the difference but it doesn't hurt to try.

I took a long time to get ready, I wanted to enjoy it, I put on 'Drums And Wires' by XTC, I used to play it all the time in college, such a good record to set the mood.

I put some makeup on, faint brown eyeliner and a few touches of colour on the centre of my lips.

***

"Hey!" Maggie said energetically opening the door in front of me.

I smiled "Hi!"

"So, are we ready or not?" She said attempting to dance a bit, I assume.

"Yes" I said with a grin as I held her arms down slowly stopping her 'dancing'. She rolled her eyes with a sideways smile.

"You're quite excited, are you?"

She sighed, seemingly content "Yeah, actually I am. It's just that since being in a relationship and all that I'ven't got the time to go out like this"

"Oh, so this adds pressure to the night"

She smiled.

"I have to make up for all the lost time!" I said holding her by the shoulders.

"Alright, alright, stop it" she said with a laugh
"Let's go"

***

When we got there we went straight to the bar and sat on the stool, where we ordered two pints.

The band was already playing, it was alright.

"Hey, what's the name of the band?" I asked Maggie

She shook her head and received the pint, I did that as well and we both said "Cheers" to the bartender.

I turned to my side and asked the same question to some lad that was sat there.

"Rain, the rain I think, summat like that"

"Alright, thanks" I said before turning back to Maggie "Well, that's a shite name"

"What are they called?"

"The rain, I think"

She scrunched her eyes a bit "yeah... kinda shite" and drank. "It's a bit crowded, don't ya think?"

I barely looked behind us before saying "I suppose"

We started chatting and I asked her all about Andy, and she spared no detail. We were giggling when the song ended. We heard some faint cheering and the mic squeal.

"Uh... this one's called Alice"

I hadn't looked at the stage, but I recognized something... That voice.

"Wait"

"What?" Said Maggie

"I-"  I stopped to look at the stage. "Oh fuck..."