The Forceful Dinner

Previously on ' His Disregard-Her Obsession'

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

"Ughh Zain kay Bachay Shukria kehtay hain S.h.u.k.r.i.a!"( You're supposed to say Thank you! T.h.a.n.k y.o.u!)

"I know, lady. No Shukria(thank you) required."

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

Read On:

¤~¤ Iqra ¤~¤

"We're here." They got off the car. Iqra looked infront of her. Marriyah stood next to Ahmed. She was talking animatedly; enjoying Ahmed's undivided attention. Her cute baby voice echoed in the garage.

"I gave her my guria(doll) and she ruined it! Then Iqra Apa got me a new guria. You see this pretty thing," She pointed towards the doll in her hand.

"Iqra Apa bought it with her own pay!!"

"That's so sweet." Ahmed smiled down at Marriyah and ruffled her short hair.

"Oh Ahmed bhai. You're ruining my hairstyle. Sheesh bhaeez(it's her baby slang for "brothers') and their insensitivity."

"Marriyah!! I'm so proud of you! You spoke such a big word!" Iqra ran towards her sister and scooped her up into her arms.

"Apa I want my gift." Marriyah presented her tomatoe-red cheek.

"Awww of course Maira bacha." Her Apa kissed her cheek till Marriyah felt satisfied.

"Hi Mario no kisses for Zain bhai?" Zain spread out his arms invitingly.

"No! Zainu bhai you're worsh than Ahmi bhai-"

"Marriyah what did I tell you about Ahmed bhai's name?" Iqra chided.

"I'm sorry! It's the name that the Prophet(pbuh)'s mother, gave him. I'm not ever supposed to nickname Ahmed bhai." She repeated what she'd been told.

"That's right! I'd rather like it if you'd nickname no one, okay? We're all older than you, okay darling?"

"Jee, Apa! " Marriyah got her usual gift and finally allowed Zain to take her into his arms.

"Assalamualaikum!" Ahmed greeted Iqra; his eyes scanning her face.

"Wa-Waalaikum Assalaam!" She swallowed; her throat felt extremely dry and parched. She kept her eyes glued to the ground.

"Ahmed, Zain get in now!" The coach had stepped into the garage. Iqra smiled at the coach.

"Assalamualaikum Iqra baita!" He greeted Iqra.

"Waalaikum Assalaam, uncle! I hope I'm not interrupting anything." She enquired.

"Of course, not! Come on in."

They went into the huge gym. It's building stood high. Each of it's floors held various equipments required for Mixed Martial Arts. They stepped into the main area of the first floor.

"Wow Zain bhai all the bhai's are wearing their shirts today!" Marriyah exclaimed.

"Yupp kiddo. They all know that their 'bhabi' is coming over today." Zain chuckled, Iqra sent a murderous glare his way.

"Zain don't tease my wifey!" Ahmed admonished.

"Ya Allah! Be quiet you two! If I hear the 'w' or the 'b' word again, I swear I'll go back home." Her cheeks had flushed a deep red and she was glaring at the two men infront of her. Zain chuckled in response, while, Ahmed just gave his wife a fond smile. She face palmed herself and decided to ignore them.

"Assalamualaikum bhabi!" A random guy greeted her. Her cheeks got redder; if that was even possible. Zain had a laughing fit.

"Wa-Waalaikum Assalaam!" She replied, nonetheless. She stood up straighter, but, kept her eyes downcast. She was guided into a cubicle that was covered up at three of it's four sides. She could easily see the stage. The place looked more like an extremely formal arena, rather than a 'practice ring.'

"I hope they don't kill each other!" Iqra thought out loud.

"Apa aap paraishaan na haun! Kuch bura nahe hoga."(Apa don't worry! Nothing bad will happen.)

"Marriyah, who's stronger?"

Ahmi- I mean Ahmed bhai Apa." Marriyah announced.

"Really?" Iqra asked excitedly.

"Apa Zain bhai goes easy on Ahmed bhai." Marriyah nodded her head wisely; as if she was sure that her brother was stronger.

"It's like a dosti-thing(friendship-thing). They're equally strong but let each other win if someone important is seeving the match."

"So you mean they cheat?" Iqra glared at the pair.

"Yes and no, Apa."

"What do you mean, Marriyah?"

"In the practice sessions they do it shumtimes." She munched on her Lays and continued,

"It's just for fun. But today they said they'd be honest for your sake."

"How considerate. I'll pull their ears for cheating on people."

*After the fight*

"Ahmed." Iqra said his name. Ahmed had sensed that something was off.

"Iqra?" It came out more like a question. Iqra smiled sweetly at him.

"Why do you look like a tigress who's about to rip her victim apart?" He asked cautiously.

"Cux that's exactly how I feel right now. You cheated on me." She growled.

"I swear you're the only wife I have, honest!" She rolled her eyes.

"Ahmed." She insistently said his name. "Don't make me say it."

"What? What is it, iqay?"

"Iqay? Seriously, Ahmed?"

"Yeah, I can call you whatever I want to." He announced. She blushed in response.

"Okay, moving on. I'm very disappointed in you. It's totally like Zain to cheat, but I honestly hadn't expected this of you!"

"Expected what?" He led her into the lift. She followed without arguing.

"That you cheat during the practice sessions!" She stared at him. He stared back, a mischievous smile on his lips. They had reached the garage.

"Zain aur Marriyah kahan hain?" She asked.

"They're in Zain's car, on their way to your house." That froze Iqra at her place. She looked at her husband.

"Ahmed I'd rather take a rickshaw or taxi-" She began but stopped when she saw the look on Ahmed's face.

"Get in." He opened the front door for her. She gulped, but got in anyway.

" We're going for a dinner." He announced.

"No, we're not!" She protested.

"Yes we are. I'm not letting you go, so many miles away, without a dinner with me. You owe me that much, no? "

"I-I guess." She stuttered.

"That's better." He smiled at her and started the car.

"We're going to the place where I first saw you." He said.

"You mean the place where 'we' first saw each other." She giggled nervously.

"Yup, darling." She blushed.

"Anything but that word. Ahmedddd!!" He chuckled at the pleading look on her face.

"I'm going to miss you a lot." He had stopped smiling and his voice had an edge to it. She cleared her throat and looked away.

"I-I see." She felt too shy to say the same.

*To be continued*