Picnic date!

Currently working on descriptions/details, this story is to (hopefully) help with that !
_________________________________________

* 11:03 a.m. / Shuichi's POV *

Shuichi awoke to the same setting every morning.

The first thing he saw every single morning was the window, and the red curtains gracefully draped over it. He usually woke up in their bed alone.. That empty feeling was there every morning too. Rantaro worked a lot, Shuichi honestly didn't like it, but he knew Rantaro really enjoyed volunteering so Shuichi never said a word. After a while of being too lazy to move, Shuichi finally uncovered himself from the sheets and sat up. Shuichi drowsily looked around the room, everything put away neat and tidy, definitely meant Rantaro had been there. Something, this morning, caught his eye though.. Rantaro's black bag, well more like a backpack, was still laying on the floor. It was unzipped and just laying there. Rantaro always took that bag with him to work.

Shuichi's heart fluttered a little. ' Was he still home? ' Shuichi thought. He checked the alarm clock sitting by their bed, just maybe he had woken up early enough to catch him before he left. It read "11:16".. He would have left by now. Another possibility flooded into Shuichi's mind. ' Did he take off work? '. It was a Tuesday, Rantaro ALWAYS worked on Tuesdays. That and Thursdays were the two days Rantaro was sure to work on.

Shuichi made himself get out of bed with pure curiosity. He creaked open the bedroom door and snuck out into the hallway, He walked into the living room, and there he was..

Rantaro was standing in their small kitchen, He was washing dishes and putting them away. He also had the stove on with a frying pan laying on one of the burners. Shuichi couldn't make out what was in the pan. He also had a bag laying on the counter. Rantaro was distracted with dishes he hadn't noticed him in the room yet.

Shuichi stood there, Admiring him from the hallway. After a while.. it got a little awkward on Shuichi's part, He wasn't sure if he should speak up though. He finally spoke, " Hey uh- morning Rantaro.. Didn't know you were home still. " He acted like he had just walked down the hallway. Rantaro turned around and greeted him with his classic bright smile. "Mornin' !" He said in his calm voice.. " Yeah I took off today, I have a surprise.. " Shuichi looked at him curiously, "What surprise..? " Shuichi asked.. Making his way over to Rantaro who was still multitasking with dishes and breakfast. " You'll see later! " Rantaro chuckled.

Now Shuichi was genuinely intrigued, ' what surprise? ' he kept asking himself. He snagged the last dishes away from Rantaro putting them away for him, and keeping two plates out for them. Rantaro leaned up against the counter, He looked like his was trying to keep the bag out of Shuichi's sight. He wasn't doing very good.. Shuichi tried to ignore it thinking it had something to do with the surprise. He acted dumb keeping his eyes away from it.

After they sat down and ate breakfast, bringing up random things both boys could think of.. Rantaro had told Shuichi to get some clothes on, they were going out.

Shuichi complied but was honestly confused, what could Rantaro be planning...? Shuichi dressed decently, He wore a navy button-up and some washed looking blue jeans. He walked out to Rantaro who was ready before Shuichi was even awake. He was wearing quite nice clothes which made him worried.. " You are dressed nicely.. should I be too? " Shuichi asked nervously. He had no clue what Rantaro planned. He knew he shouldn't be worrying about the surprise, He'd probably love it.. but a part of him was still panicky. " Oh no no! I just wanted to look nice for you, and you do look nice right now. " Rantaro added a grin after his words. Shuichi nodded and blushed, He headed back to the room for one more thing, his hat.

* Time skip! 11:56 a.m. / Rantaro's POV *

They were both walking down the sidewalk, Rantaro's hand wrapped around the smaller boys.. The walk was quiet, down the cracked sidewalks and passing the other older looking buildings.. The color faded from them and vines twisted up them. Shuichi kept glancing up at Rantaro from underneath his hat. His golden eyes always scanned him for a second and went back to focusing on the path. Rantaro was never a fan of that stupid hat.. It usually meant something bad when Shuichi wore it, it was sorta a comfort item for him.