Chapter 3: An Uneasy Time at the Guild

Sorry for the extremely late update.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the guild, my mind clean from last night's fiasco, I sat there reading the newspaper bored, again, with nothing to do. Reading the headlines, an arm wrapped itself around my shoulder, with the figure to which it belonged to shouting "Hey there, Lucy!" shocked in surprise, I turned my head and screamed seeing the one person I didn't want to see at the moment, Natsu.

My face instinctively developed a shade of red and almost immediately the salmon haired boy asked jokingly, "you feeln' better?" I jumped up, pushing the air in front of me, signalling him, to stay away.

"Get off! Stop... Stop being all over me like that!" I nervously yelled.

I walked away with a dark shade of red pasted on my face, thinking "This is bad. This is real bad; I'm being, totally self-conscious..." A raven haired boy known as Gray walked past me and went straight to Natsu. They began to argue and then a fist fight began. I didn't have to worry it was an ordinary event at the guild. Down the aisle of the guild, I overheard a conversation between four guild mates.

Continuing down the aisle I stopped when a name caught my attention, "Natsu."

"It seems like Natsu has some girl he's in love with." One of them said.

The others, shocked, replied, "Y... Yo... You mean our Natsu?!"

Another joined the discussion laughing, "No way. That's the last thing I'd expect to hear about him."

"It's true, lately he's been all "I want to see her, I want to see her!""

I felt a cold shiver move up my backbone panicking, "What am I going to do, that girl, must be me!" I frighteningly thought. I continued walking down the aisle, subconsciously thinking about the situation.

"I don't hate him, but when it comes to love or dating, I don't know what to do, I've never gone out with a guy before." Caught up in my thoughts, I heard my name, I hesitantly turned around, and it was Natsu.

Knowing I couldn't just stay silent I answered shyly "Y... Ye... Yes?"

He was staring at me with trademark gaze, and told me, "Tonight, I have something important to talk with you about."

The thought scared my fragile mind, but before I could build up the courage to answer, he continued, "Come by the Sola tree in the South Gate Park tonight at eight."

Blushing I asked, "Why?" I saw the unthinkable happen as my face got hotter, Natsu blushed.

He embarrassingly slurred "I have something important to talk about."

He turned his head away and continued, "Make sure you come alone," scratching his face in embarrassment. Seeing Natsu blush caused my heart to beat viciously.

Almost as if a bolt of lightning had struck past me, Natsu ran down the aisle leaving the guilds doors. I turned around to watch him as he left; my face was filled with heat, emitting steam. In my stunned mind I yelled, "Natsu blushed, I don't believe it, I don't want to believe it!"

Staring at the floor I slowly made my way to Mira and nervously said, "I... I think... I'm going... home... For the day." I fragilely walked and made it out of the guild hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed it and because of how late I was I'm going to give the next chapter extremely soon.