V: Play Date

TiffaniPOV:

I woke up and rolled over slowly, still in pain from the night before. Ty and I haven't gone that many rounds since we dated back in highschool. Ty was sound asleep and I was starving. I got up and slowly made my way to the bathroom. I ran the hot water in the shower while I brushed my teeth so the water could get nice and hot. I felt a little nausea, but ut wasn't that bad so I ignored the feeling, put on some clothes and headed down stairs. Since it was Saturday, I felt that it was only right that I should make my lil brother and my man a nice breakfast.

I put a pot of water to boil some sausages, pulled out the sausages, eggs and found my waffle iron. After mixing up the batter for the waffles and pouring it in the waffle iron, Shai came down stairs.

"Good morning sleepy head. You hungry?"

"Always...." He yawned.

"I know, fat ass lil boy." I laughed as I opened the iron. I put the golden beauty on the plate, and that's when it hit me. "Hey, do you know how to cook?"

"Not really." He said, rubbing his chin.

"Come here, let me teach you a lil something."

He cautiously walked over and stood next to me.

"So what's first?" He asked. I prepped another waffle and pointed at the eggs.

"You think you could mix those up?"

He nodded and grabbed a bowl. I watch as he cracked the first egg with two hands. I chuckled and shook my head.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, I'm just surprised that you ain't know how to cook. When I was little, pop and I would cook all the time." I took out the waffle and got another one ready, still smiling at my previous thought. My smile faded quickly though... It just hit me. He's gone. My dad... The guy I used to look up to... Is dead. I looked over at Shai who was standing there silently still whisking the eggs.

"Hey, you ok?"

He nodded.

"We cooked a little, but we mostly watched football."

"Oh really?" I said, changing the subject. "Have you been keeping up with this season?"

"Not really" He smiled. "But I know that the Patriots are gonna win this super bowl."

After I finished the another waffle, I got the skillet and put it on the stove.

"Get the spatula and put the eggs on the pan."

He did as he was told and I put the sausages into the boiling water.

"Make sure you cook them all the way through."

"Yeah yeah... I know how to make eggs."

After everything was finished and the table was set, Ty came down stairs and looked around at all the food.

"Damn baby," He walked over and kissed me on the forehead. "You did all this?"

"I helped." Shai said before I could talk.

"Nice going, lil man." The two of them touched fists and we all began to eat.

I finished first, so I put up my dish and walked to the living room. I saw Raff sitting in his bowl.

"Hey baby," I cooed, picking him up. "You're so cute and little." I used my finger to rub his shell. He extended his neck all the way out, looking straight up at me.

"Awww you like that don't you?" I sat down on the couch and continued to toy with him.

Shai walked in and sat next to me.