XXII: Awkward

Shaheem POV:

*Two weeks later*

"You got my muh fucking money nigga?"

"Y.. Yeah it's right here." He slid a neon green messenger bag over the table. I opened it up and peeked inside...

"We good?"

"We should be, for his sake." I peered over at him, causing him to look down.

I gave the bag to Tre to let him count the money. I saw the man stand up.

"Aye, who the fuck said you could go somewhere? I know I didn't." I snapped, the man sat down and looked at me.

"Don't ask me for shit in the future. Cause I ain't having that shit, you're fucking dead to me." I looked at Tre, who nodded his head. "Now get the fuck outta my face." He scattered out of his seat and ran for the exit. I chuckled under my breath.

"So what now?"

"Ion know.... We could see what bae is doing?" He said snatching my phone. He toyed with it and put it to his ear.

"Hey Tiff?..... Yeah, it's Tre. How you been?..... Nah we good..... His bitch ass  is right here. .....Shit. What you doing? .....Oh for real. Damn.... Yeah I'll tell him. Ok I'll talk to you later..... Love you." He laughed winking at me. "Huh? Nahh I ain't say shit... Bye big head." He said hanging up. I shook my head and walked out of the building. It didn't take long before Tre followed.

"So what did Tiff say?"

"Shit... Something about not coming home right now.."

"Huh? Like... Her or me?" I asked as we got into the car.

"You nigga... She said she's having a meeting right now."

"Oh, shit... Then what the fuck are we gonna do?"

"Ion know, Damn. Fuck it lets go to the mall..">>>>

We pulled up to the mall about 10 minutes later and got out. We shopped around for almost an hour before resting at the food court. We sat down and three girls walked up to us.

"Hey Tre." The twins said smiling.

"Wassup ladies?" He smiled back, they began a small conversation, while their light skinned friend had their eyes locked on mine.

"Can I uhh.... Help you." I smiled, obviously snapping her out of her train of thought.

"Oh... I um.... I'm sorry, I don't do that often."

"It's ok, it's cute. I mean, you're cute." I laughed at my fuck up. "Sorry, I'm still getting used to talking to pretty girls. What's your name?"

"S'Niyah, (suh-nye-uhh) but most people call me Niyah."

"I like that name. My name is..."

"Shaheem.... I know." I smiled at her causing her to glow incredibly red. "No! I uhh... I didn't mean it like that. It's just that we go to school together, you know? You're a pretty hot topic."  She said, playfully nudging my arm.

"Oh really?" I grinned raising an eyebrow.

"Of course, all I hear about is 'Shairaq' this, and 'Shai' that. You know... We actually have a class together."

"Oh really? I don't remember your face. Which one?"

"British Literature... You probably don't remember cause you're always falling asleep, but I sit right behind you."

"Oh that's what's up. I'm sorry I haven't noticed you until now. I was thinking that maybe......" I stopped when I noticed Destani entering the same food court. She was with Avery... They didn't seem like they were together or anything. In fact she seemed.... Distant or depressed. Her eyes caught mine as she walked to her table. She sat facing me.

"You were saying?" Niyah looked at me with eagerness in her eyes.

"Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to get out of here and maybe catch a movie and a bite to eat." She gasped loud enough for the entire mall to hear.

"Oh my gosh yes!" She jumped hugging me. Geez it's just a date. She's acting like I asked her to marry me. As she hugged me, I noticed Destani had her head down. She looked back up at me, and I smiled at her. I put my hand up to wave, but Niyah grabbed my hand and rushed me out of the mall. I looked back and saw her and Avery all over her, kissing her.... It made my blood boil.

Tiffani POV:

I laid on Aug's chest as he rubbed on my booty.

"I told you it'd be fun." He kissed my forehead. "Oh and real smooth coming up with that part about the meeting." August chuckled lightly.

"Yeah well I don't make a habit out of lying. So next time.... We're going to your place."

"Fair enough, I shouldn't have just popped up to begin with." I eventually got up and started making my way towards my bathroom. "Where are you going, ma?"

"To take a shower, I do have an agenda to stick to." I smirked, opening the bathroom door.

"I see how it is, don't let me get in the way." He got up and started getting dressed.

I took my shower, brushed my teeth, put on some makeup. I walked into my room to see that August was gone. I put on a floor length maxi dress and a cardigan with matching heels. I left my hair down and straight. I checked my reflection in the mirror, perfect. My phone rang as I was walking down the stairs.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Heyy," his voice sang through the speaker. "Are you busy this weekend?"

"Chris?" I blushed, smiling to myself. "I thought you were on tour. Why do you wanna know if I'm busy this weekend?"

"Damn..... So it's like that now, huh? A nigga leaves for a couple weeks and suddenly nobody fucks with me?" I chuckled at how dramatic he was being.

"Boy, You know I fuck with you. I just wanna know why you asking about my availability. You know my appearances cost a pretty penny." I joked causing him to laugh. I sat on my couch as his laugh filled my ears, energizing me at the same time. I love talking to Chris.

"Look, You don't worry about all of that. I can handle a couple dollars, You Just better get that ass on a plane early on Thursday. I want you to be at all my shows in Vegas this weekend."

"Awww, this is different... did you actually miss me? I'm flattered Mr.Brown, I think I can make it. Thank you for your lovely invitation." He lightly laughed again.

"Rest assured my dear... The pleasure is all mine." I smiled at my phone, then I noticed I had a text from Em.

Shady: I'm at the studio. Where Tf are you?

"Shit," I mumbled.

"What happened?" Chris asked, obviously concerned.

"I'm supposed to be at the studio with Eminem. He wanted to listen to the singles I have for my album so far."

"Really!? That's awesome, I didn't realize you had so much progress on the album..... Without me." He stated excited at first, but the last part was a little quiet. Like he was sad about it.

"It's ok Chris, there's still plenty of room on my album for you."

"Good, I couldn't imagine you releasing your debut album without me on it."

"You're right, I wouldn't have it any other way. Ok Chris I gotta go."

"Yeah, I gotta head to wardrobe and sound check. I'll call you tonight, ok?"

"Ok, bye Chris."

"Bye Tiff, and for the record... I do miss you. Just a little though." He chuckled.

"I miss you too Chris. I'll talk to you later." I said hanging up. Ok... Back to business.
*************************************

Oh my gosh! Worse case of writer's block ever. I almost thought I had to suspend the book indefinitely.... Ugh happy that's mostly over. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry if it was a little boring, a nigga just needed some build up to the fun stuff.