In The Matter Of Time (Doc x reader)

Warning: a bit longer than usual
_________________
(No one's pov)

The rubies just came down to earth in the search for the jasper who was supposed to be assigned with a peridot to check up on the cluster.

The got off the ship one by one. Started looking around. Their leader Doc led the group and pointed towards the barn. Asking the other rubies to check it out.

Until a lone ruby went in the group as an attempt to fit in within the group of five. The rubies was about to Check up on the barn. Though the lone ruby asked to check it herself alone.

And came back with a 'human' next to her, that held a bat.

"I checked the barn! Saw only humans in there"

"Yup! Nothing but us humans!"

"Hehe...looks like we failed, time to go back home."

Ruby said nervously as she sweats. Doc announced to check again just incase the thing last time won't happen. making both the boy and ruby slightly panic

"Last t-time?"

Ruby asked.

"Oh ruby, you're so forgetful."

Navy said earning few giggles from the other rubies.

"Wait! uh you can't go in there!"

"Because.....because uh.."

"You have to uhh play base ball! Yeah, a human thing. If you win you can go inside. And if we win. You get leave forever"

Doc accepted the challenge. The rubies went in a line. And waited for the game to start. Steven then walked over to the barn with ruby and gathered a few 'humans' out and line up.

"We are the humans!
Steven!"

"Earl"

"Amy"

"Bob..."

"Huh- Oh um (y/n)!"

"And Sophie~"

The the lone ruby blushed at the sight of 'sofie' who wore a cute outfit. Doc however was awe struck as she saw this dazzling human with (short/long) (haircolor) hair and (eye color) eyes. They suddenly locked eyes. Doc grew a little flustered. While (y/n) lightly giggled looking somewhere else.

She then shook her head and started to speak.

"Uh understood! Introducing The rubies, Consisting!
Ruby!"

"Ruby?"

"Ruby~"

"Ruby!"

"Aaand ruby"

Steven blew a whistle which made everyone turn to him. he explained how the game is played and the rules. The rubies listed then parted ways as the game now began.

Ruby went first to bat. She placed a blue cap on her head and winked at steven. He winked back as he threw the ball lightly towards her.