Chapter 9

May 30, 2020

"I am really going to miss you" Hae says kissing Mia on her chubby cheeks. We have officially moved into the dorm and Hae volunteered to help us. I was told my Namjoon that I would get the biggest room since I need space for the crib and he didn't disappoint. He didn't tell me which member's it was and I didn't think to ask. Thankfully Yoongi won't come until tonight and I will have some time to adjust to this new situation.  

"She will miss you too imo" I say taking Mia from her knowing she has to go back to finish studying for her exam. "Are we still on for our girls date tomorrow?"

"Yes, I cant wait. I am so excited to meet your new friend" Hae says talking about Sun the ballerina I met a few weeks ago. We had planned to meet together and we have finally set a date. Sun seems to be very busy and to be honest so are we and I am really happy I will have a much needed girls night. "Is it too early to say I already miss you" Hae says with a sweet smile which warms my heart.

"No, because I feel the same" I say hugging my friend. I cant believe I will not see her every morning and Mia won't be able to play with her every night before bed.

I watch as Hae leaves and Mia and I are left alone in this empty place. I feel something start to move in my stomach and I know its nerves. There are still a few hours before night time but knowing he will walk through that door has made me anxious. I place Mia on the couch to watch a kids show and I head to the enormous kitchen to check on the noodles I have made for dinner. Mia has started learning how to eat by herself and noodles have to be her favorite. I fish the freshly made kimchi out of the fridge and I do my best to plate everything with the bowls I find. I make her a small bowl and place everything on the dining room table off the living room. I go to check on Mia who has been quiet all this time and once I look at the couch I notice she is on her side sleeping. I know today has been a long day and she didn't get a chance to take her second nap. I smile down at my little baby and when I am about to pick her up I hear the door open to my surprise. I look behind me to see Yoongi walk through the door. I don't want to admit it to myself but my stomach jumps at the sight of him. He is in an all black outfit with black rim glasses and his very dark hair covers his perfect forehead. I take a deep breath and it takes me a few second to recover form seeing him look so damn good.

"Hello" He says and I don't think I have ever seen him act so shy before.

"Hello" I say bowing my head to greet him and I try my hardest to look like him and not show any emotion. I awkwardly look down at my sleeping beauty to avoid his stare. I gesture to pick her up but I hear him speak and I stop.

"I can do that" He says pointing towards the sleeping Mia and I move my head in agreement. I watch as he walks closer to us and he looks down at his daughter and I can see a gummy smile that reminds me of her appear on his face. "She is beautiful" He says doing his best to pick her up but you can tell he doesn't have much practice.

"Here, Like this" I say coming closer to show him where to put his hands. I hesitate for a second once our skin touches and I watch as he follows my hands with his eyes. For a moment I forget what I am doing and everything that has brought us to this point. All I can remember is how smooth his skin felt against mine, how good he smells and how he made feel every time he would kiss me. Mia's little sleeping noises take me out of my trance and I do my best to concentrate.

"I'm sorry" I say taking my hands off of him and moving them to fidget with Mia's dress ignoring what just happened.

"Don't be" he says and I watch his eyes make their way to my lips. I look down and I do my best to go back to my initial plan of showing him how to carry our daughter. This time I try to avoid the sensation of his skin and I move one of his hands to support her head and the other to support her back.