chapter six

Eli's POV

"Must've been a fun party." My mom said, as I shuffled into the kitchen.
"You slept pretty much all day yesterday." She chuckled.

"Which is weird because I had like two sips of alcohol." I groaned, before chugging my orange juice. She just snickered.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up." My mom has always been pretty about me drinking. I was never really into it, but she'd always tell me to be responsible. She would always say strict parents raise sneaky kids. She drew the line at drugs though, that's something she will never tolerate. Not that I'd do any drugs anyway. I've tried a few weed edibles but they weren't for me.

"Anyways, do you want a ride to school?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess. Are you working today?" I asked her.

"No, actually. I'm gonna help Peter move some stuff into our storage." She said, throwing on her coat.

"Why is he putting stuff in our storage?" I asked, turning to face her.

"He's, uh, I don't know. Just moving stuff around I guess, and I offered." She told me.

"Hm. That's suspicious." I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Oh, be quiet, Eli. Let's go before you're late."

I said a quick goodbye to my mom and walked into school. It looks like most of the people I saw at the party on the weekend were all still a little hung over. I'm not surprised though. Even though I didn't drink much, the drunk teenagers around me made me feel like I was a little drunk.

"Eli!" I heard someone call out. I turned around to see Summer and Alexia trudging towards me, Alexia had sunglasses on.

"I thought Halloween was over?" I chuckled, "you look like the Unabomber."

"Shut up. I'm hungover still." Alexia said.

"Don't make me laugh, it hurts." Summer said, rubbing her temples.

"No one told you guys to get as drunk as you did."

"Which is why we did." Alexia said taking off her sunglasses.

"Anyways, let's go to home room, Alisha's waiting." I said, practically carrying them as we linked arms.

Thankfully, the day passed relatively quick. I was in my second last period class, then I have a spare period.
I doodled in my notebook, but when I glanced up I saw Chambers waving at me from outside the door. I quickly asked to use the bathroom and hurried out.

"Hey sexy." He said, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hi Chambers." I said, rolling my eyes with a smile on my face.

"You have a spare next period, right?" He asked.

"How do you know that?"

"I might have asked Alisha for your schedule." He told me.

"Stalker much." I chuckled.

"Whatever," he scoffed, "but you do right?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Let's hang out." He said, stopping in front of the school garden.

"Really?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Yeah, still not taking me seriously? Shame on you." He said trying to make a serious face through his grin. Hey
"Come on, chill with me later, just for a bit?" He asked again.