Chapter 3: We Stare

Hope you are enjoying the story. Comment and vote.
Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

--/::;;))):

We just stared at each other. "What? you have nothing to say filthy squib," Malfoy said. I really didn't want to talk to him, but I feel like he is making me speak. "Watch what you say Malfoy," I said. His eyes widen a bit but, then he quickly covered it up. I saw some of the student's eyes widen also. I knew why his eyes widen. People had described my voice soft, gentle, and sometimes quiet. But, in this case, it was soft but, stern.

I heard footsteps behind me. I could tell that it was Professor McGonagall's footsteps. She appeared next to me. "We're ready for you now. Follow us," she said. I like the fact that she included me.

We walked toward the Great Hall and the door opened. We made toward our way toward the stool near the teacher's table. Professor McGonagall and the students stopped at the stool while I made my way to my seat next to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore stood up to tell the first years their rules while they were in Hogwarts. First, the dark forest was forbidden to all students. Second, he told us not to go to the the third floor corridor to the right side unless we wanted to die a painful death. While he said the rules. I turned my head to see Malfoy looking at me.

{Why is he looking at me?}

Professor McGonagall told them that she will call each student's name and put the sorting hat on their heads. The hat would tell them which house we were going to be sorted into. The sorting hat looked really old. A girl named Hermione Granger was first to be sorted. She was sorted into Gryffindor. "Draco Malfoy," Professor McGonagall called out. He gave me one last look and went to the stool. He sat on the stool. The had just barely made it to his head. "Slytherin," the hat said. He walked to the Slytherin's table.

"Susan Bones," she called out. She got sorted into Hufflepuff. Ronald Weasley was next. He was Gryffindor. "Harry Potter," she called out. Everyone was so quiet. I could hear people breath. The hat took a long time to sort him. I guess it had to do with his past. He was eventually started into Gryffindor.

After the sorting was finished, dumbledore declared that the feast to begin. Food appeared on the tables. I was used to it. I took some chicken, potatoes, vegetables, a piece of bread, and water. The feast was delicious. As I was eating, I felt someone was looking at me. I looked up and it was Malfoy again. I was a filthy squib to him. So why was he looking. He notice me looking at him and turned to his friends.

After the feast, everyone was dismissed to go to their dormitories. I had to make my way to each house to tell them my role in their houses. I first went to Gryffindor's common room. I entered the room to be seen by the first years and the prefects. "I will let her introduce herself," the male Gryffindor prefect said. I gave him a smile and turned to the students.

"Hello everyone. My name is Beverly Kingston. I actually work here at Hogwarts. If you need anything, let me know on the blackboard," I said. I pointed at the blackboard next to the fire place. "I am only available on September, October, December, February, and April," I said to them. All the students understood my schedule. "Does anyone have a question?" I said. A boy raised his hand. "Yes?" I said. "Are you a squib?" he asked. "Yes I am, but not a normal squib. That may be revealed to you later" I said. I said goodbye and left for the other houses.

I got through Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. I was on my way to the dungeon where the Slytherin house was located. I walked inside to find the prefects and the students waiting. "I will let the squib introduce herself," the male prefect said. I just nodded my head and turn toward the students. I was met with Malfoy's eyes. I liked the shade of grey in them.

I shook my head to erase the thought out of my head. I told them about my schedule and the black board's purpose. A student raised their hand and it was the same as the other house. IT was about me being a squib. "At least this squib is doing what she is suppose to do?" a student said and they started laughing. I felt my anger rise that a vase near the student broke. everyone was surprised. "I should tell you. You don't want to make me angry. If you do, you may end up like the vase," I said. They nodded their heads. I saw Malfoy smirk at me. I decided to leave before they started to insult me more.

I went to my room and got ready for tomorrow. I checked my blackboard to see if anyone needed anything. Already, Slytherin girls wanted more shampoo in their bathroom and they wanted towels as well. I wrote a note in my notebook to remind myself. I dressed into my pajamas and went under the covers.

My last thought before I slept was Malfoy.