Chapter 3- What's Going On?

A/N: I hope someone else likes this story... I'm gonna hold off on updating again right away until I see what kind of response I get to this story so far. There is a lot of drama in the future... So, if you want to know what that is, vote, comment & recommend this story to others and it'll make me update sooner...

2 years later:

We've now been in Nashville for 2 years. Hunter has been getting into the studio for the past month starting the recording process for his debut release from his new label, 'Atlantic Records'.

Layla's POV:

I've been living in Nashville with my sister for the past year. We've been friends with Hunter since we were babies, but Ryleigh even more so than me. The two of them were basically inseparable growing up.

"But, Sam, you know they're close."
"Yeah, I know. Layla, you know Hunter has a girlfriend now."
"Yes, but there's something between them that he doesn't have with Libby. I've seen it for years now. Just the way they both look at each other when they think the other isn't watching."

"I don't know, maybe you're right. But we don't know that for sure. And Hunter seems happy enough, so, we shouldn't say anything."
"Yeah, you're right. I just can't help thinking how much happier they both might be if they knew."

Right then my phone rang. As soon as I pushed 'answer', I said,
"Hello?"
"Layla? It's Libby. Can we talk?"
"Oh, yeah, sure. Where do you want to meet?"
"Umm... Doesn't your sister have her own tour bus?"

"Yeah, why?"
"Is she there now or can we meet there?"
"No, I think she's going over tour details with Hunter on his bus now. So, yeah, we can meet on her bus."
I was already in Ryleigh's bus so I waited for her best friend's girlfriend to show up.

20 minutes after we'd talked, I heard a knock on the bus' door. I walked over and opened it to see Libby standing outside. She looked like she'd been crying just before she came over.
"Libby? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
"I don't know, Layla." I stepped back to let her walk in and sit down on the couch as I shut the door. I sat down beside her and continued,

"So, what's going on? Why are you upset?"
"I'm not upset, just sad."
"Why sad?"
"It's just... I don't know why, just... It's Hunter."

"What about him? Did something happen between the two of you?"
"No, it's what we don't have. It's your sister. I know she's been best friends with him since they were babies. They've never dated, have they?"
"No, they haven't, why do you ask?"
"I've seen the way he looks at her. I think he's in love with her."

"You do? Has he ever said anything?"
"No, nothing. But she's his tour manager, so, she's always around. I've just seen the two of them together. They have something that Hunter and I don't have."
"So, what are you going to do?"
"I don't know. I really don't know," Libby sighed, "Layla, would you look into it for me?"

"I'll see what I can find out, but I'm not going to tell my sister not to be in love with him if she is. I mean, she's my sister. And she and I have known Hunter a lot longer than you."
"I know. I'm not asking to break her heart, I just want to know for sure if she likes him."