Chapter 1

Each night I hear the howling of the wolves, I sometimes see them too. But I'm just a 14 year old, living in a wooden cabin, with her mom. During the winter I usually go out and camp, and see if I fine rabbits, deer. Pretty much anything that can be cooked. I take it back to her then she cooks it for dinner, but this time I only found two small rabbits.

"Any luck?" My mom ask as I walked into the kitchen with the bag. I put it on the old wooden table and looked at her.

"Only two small rabbits." I replied, sitting down. she smiled and took the bag.

"That's fine, it will be good for tomorrow. I cooked up that owl that you hunted down yesterday, and you were right it is good," she said taking the dead rabbits out of the bag. "Your daddy taught you well on hunting."

My dad was one of the best hunters in North America, ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to know his secrets about his hunting. That's why I was a daddy's girl, he taught me everything I needed to know about tracking and hunting. Till last year, he died trying to save me from the wolves that hunt around theses areas.

"Thanks mom, it's just sad that he died last year." I said frowning upon the rabbits. Moms smile vanish.

"I know sweetheart, but you learned a lot about hunting with him and I'm proud of you!" She said dropping the dead rabbits into the hot boiling water. I got up and walked into my room and sat on my bed.

The mattress was made off soft sheep wool, so was the blanket. It was good for the winter so I could take it. I sighed and lied down. Looking outside my window, I could see the pigs and sheep munching down on disgusting garbage or old food. I looked beyond that and saw a pair of yellow eyes, my heart froze. I stood up and went to the window, watching those eyes carefully. Was it a lone wolf going for the pigs? I watched for a few minutes before the eye vanished into the forest. I sighed in relief, glad that it didn't go for the pigs and sheep. I fell back on my bed once more and curled up in the blanket, slowly taking off my jacket and pants to sleep. Very slowly, I felt darkness flow over me and in the distance you could hear the wolves howling.