Defiance

The Hyuga clan.

Not much citizens of Konoha knew much about the clan, except for their powerful doujutsu- the Byakugan.

And there, Naruto stood, in front of the most talented Genin of the clan. Neji Hyuga. With his byakugan that allowed him to see chakra pathway systems and the 361 tenketsu that run along it, Naruto felt....

He felt pathetic.

As he listened on and on to Neji's little speech, his confidence was slowly torn down bit by bit.

Reality slowly sinked in.

Fate was something he couldn't defy. Pain was something he would never escape. Hatred was something he couldn't avoid.

It angered him.

He deserved happiness. He WANTED happiness.

"You know you still don't deserve it."

He knew he didn't, but he tried to fight it.

But as blood was shed, he realized. Fate was something he couldn't fight against.

Screams and cries intensified.

He would never escape his pain.

Oh how foolish of him, to think that happiness will come without a price. But no- the price outweighs the happiness he would never feel.

He knew that, he heard that, over and over again. But he still tried to fight it.

And the more he tried, the more he lost.

On that day of the chunin exams, the third fight between Narduteo Umzumoakni and Neji Hyuga.

Neji Hyuga has been killed by the hands of the nine tailed jinchuriki who succeeded in the Hyuga's murder with the Kyuubi Chakra.

The Kyuubi Jinchuriki is to be imprisoned until further orders from the council members and the elders of the village.

"My, my, look at you."

He shivered.

"What have you turned to? I thought you said you were human?"

"You're nothing but a monster."

Crack.

--

Because of Neji's death, which I hadn't planned for when I began writing this, I have to rewrite parts of my other fanfics lol

oh well

better than the bigger plot twist I was planning for