Lie

Come closer."

"What do you want?" Naruto whispered to the figure as they stood in the empty space.

"You have many questions."

"I don't."

"You do."

"....Like what?"

"Live....or die."

Naruto's eyes widened.

"Who are you?"

"Who do you hate?" The figure asked.

"Answer my question," Naruto demanded.

"Do you hate the village?"

"Of course I do!" Naruto glared.

"The Hokage? Your friends? Teammates?"

Naruto narrowed his eyes.

"Sakura-chan?"

His eyes widened.

"You hate everyone. You hate the village, you hate the Hokage, you hate the civilians, you hate your so called friends, you hate your teammates, you hate Sakura-chan, but most of all...."

"SHUT UP!" Naruto yelled.

"You can't ever deny it."

Gritting his teeth, Naruto gripped his hair tight.

"You hate yourself. You hate your entire existence."

"I don't. I want to live."

"That's a lie."

"This is your fault," Naruto whispered.

The figure smiled.

"It's your fault, you, the annoying voice stuck in my head. It's your fault that I've turned out like this!" Naruto cried.

The figure's smile only widened.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SMILING AT ME?!" Naruto screamed.

"You hate me," the figure said in an amused tone.

"Yeah, I do! Of course I do!" Naruto glared.

"See, I told you. You can't deny it."

"Deny what!?"

"The one....that you hate most."

Naruto's eyes widened in realization.

"There's still someone....someone I can still turn to. I know- Sasuke. Sasuke, he- he managed to bear all this and-" Naruto stammered. "If he can still stay sane after al this, then so can I!"

"Ohh, Sasuke?" The figure said. "Well, he beared all this you say? At this very moment, he had given in to his hate and is fleeing the village."

Naruto's eyes widened before hope completely faded from his eyes.

"I shall answer your question. Who am I?" The figure smiled.

"Created from your own doubt, your own hatred, your own sadness, your own anger, your rage--" The figure smiled. "Naruto Uzumaki..."

Naruto could see more clearly now. In front of him, stood one who looked no different than him.

"I'm....you. I am your hate. I am your doubt. I am your sadness. I am the entirety of you."

"I...." Naruto whispered.

"So, Naruto. Imagine the freedom, the relief you would feel if you ceased to exist. Freed of all this hate, this burden....."

Eyes widening as he felt a pat on his shoulder, in front of him was now the leaf village, and underneath his feet was none other than the Hokage monuments.

"For now, it's only an imagination. But you, Naruto Uzumaki....you can make that dream a reality. All it takes is five steps. It's not that hard."

As 'he' faded away, Naruto was left there, standing alone at the Hokage monuments.