05

Nervous. Scared. Terrified. Horrified.

Those were the only words running through my mind at that very second. I felt like no matter where I looked, all I thought I saw was Jungkook and his henchmen. But when I actually looked around, none of them were anywhere in the vicinity; I was just slowly killing myself with paranoia, wondering if Taehyung would ever find out.

After our disastrous dinner the previous night, I was scared to face him. I couldn't bring myself to talk with Taehyung, in fear that we would explode into another argument and therefore, ending what was a beautiful three years - disregarding the whole Jungkook thing, of course. Either way, I was going out of my way to avoid a conversation with my own boyfriend; how great of a girlfriend was I?

... terrible, I know.

I was already halfway through the day and I was rather successful, until I saw the other guy I wanted to avoid walking down the hall towards me. My chest tightened at the sight of him and as we made eye contact, I stood there, stuck like a deer in headlights. Unfortunately, there was nowhere to run to at that moment. "Well, hello." He grinned, as he leaned his back against the locker next to mine. He crossed his arms over his chest, only turning his head to look at me.

"Jungkook." I retorted, quickly grabbing the notebooks I needed for the next two blocks. I wanted to get out of here as fast as I could, because I could already sense the gossiping and whispering going around the crowd. It was a known fact that Jungkook and Taehyung were sworn enemies in our school; everyone was absolutely obsessed with any sort of gossip associated with them. If this was Jungkook's idea of "going out" without ever letting Taehyung know... well... what more did I expect anyway. Jeon Jungkook was never the one to be trusted. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing." He replied, looking away briefly before continuing. "Stop acting so tense. Even if Taehyung ever did find out, you know he'd never believe any of the gossip if it came from anyone asides from my friends or yours. And no need to worry, he won't see you. He's in detention right now."

... detention? "You asshole!" I snapped, turning to look at him. "You promised you wouldn't-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Jungkook laughed, "this time it really wasn't my fault. He told off Hwang during Calc. It had nothing to do with me. Speaking of which, what ticked him off in the first place?"

Instead of answering him, I slammed the locker shut. It wasn't just because I was pissed off by Jungkook's constant presence, but also because I knew what it was. Our three year anniversary wasn't exactly how I wanted to kick off our new year, but what could I do about it? Apparently this was how I was treated just because I wanted to get rid of the tumor that was plaguing our relationship.

"It's really none of your business, Jeon." I sighed, shifting my bag further up on my shoulder. "I have to get to class now, so if you don't mind, please get out of my way."

Instead of protesting as I assumed he would, Jungkook simply smiled at me and bowed mockingly as he moved out of the way. I stared at him for a moment, but said nothing as I walked passed him. The whispering and staring was hard to ignore, but I did my best as I headed to my next class. I only hoped that Chaeyoung and Hoseok wouldn't hear about our little encounter because without a doubt, they would be gossiping about it only to let Taehyung overhear them. They wouldn't exactly be what I would call "discreet".

"Lisa!" I saw Hoseok running down the hall towards me, desperately waving his arms around. "Lisa, what the hell did you do?" he cried out even before he had reached me.

Wait, what?

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You and Taehyung. All he said was that your date last night sucked ass. What happened between you guys? Three years is supposed to be a happy mark in your relationship!"