Confession

Tw: overthinking

Todoroki pulled up in front of Ochaco's house, then parked the car. As Ochaco and I unbuckled and exited the vehicle, Todoroki quickly got rid of the notifications on his phone. Before we could close the door, he turned in his seat and called out for me, using my last name as he normally did. I looked over at him and asked what was up.

He hesitated before answering. And it didn't go unnoticed by me or Ochaco. "Stay safe. If you have any problems, and I mean any, call Hawks or tell me to. He's quick and I trust him to get there in time."

I gave him a soft, reassuring smile. "I'll be okay, Todoroki-kun. Ocha and I will protect each other in case something happens."

"Good. Stick together, please."

"We will. Don't worry too much." Todoroki nodded in understanding. I then closed the door and he put his car into drive, pulling away as Ochaco and I walked up to her house.

Ochaco lifted the welcome mat and picked up the key that sat underneath it. She used it to unlock the door before placing it back where she found it, stepping into the house, holding the door open for me. I stepped in after her, taking my shoes off by the door. She did the same after closing the door behind me.

"Mommy! I'm home!" Ochaco called out loud enough for her mom to hear.

"Welcome back, sweetie! Did you have fun?" a woman's voice responded. Ochaco smiled and skipped over to where her mother was, dragging me along with her. 

"Yeah! Look who I brought along!" I noticed Ochaco didn't mention anything about the Toga incident, so I decided it needed to be left alone. 

I believe this was the first time I actually met Ochaco's mom. I'd seen her dad before, but her mother I'd only seen in pictures that she'd shared. She looked really pretty. In fact, Ochaco looked just like her. Her hair was a bit longer and her eyebrows were thinner, but they looked identical otherwise.

"Oh, Izuku, it's so nice to finally meet you!" her mother said excitedly, setting down the laundry basket she was carrying and grabbing the hand that was free from Uraraka's grasp. She held it in both her hands and I smiled warmly.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Mrs. Uraraka." Her smile seemed to brighten.

"So polite!" she complimented. She then turned to Ochaco, wrapping her arms around her in a tight hug. She was still looking at me though. "I've heard a lot about you."

"That doesn't surprise me," I replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck gently.

"I hear you and Ochaco finally started dating. She was really excited. You should have seen her face. She was so ecstatic." I nodded my head with a wide smile to confirm that we were in fact dating. Ochaco protested, hitting her mom's arm lightly, her face red. Her mother chuckled.

"So, what brings you here to our home?" she asked me. I looked over at Ochaco. She lightly chewed the inside of her lip. She hadn't told her mom about my sister or mine and Kacchan's predicament. My hand moved from the back of my neck to my shoulder. 

"I was hoping I could stay over here for the night. My family just made the recent discovery that my sister is a villain and it's not safe to stay there. It's totally okay if I can't. I completely understand, considering I'm dating your daughter and whatnot. But-"

"Izuku, sweetie, I'm completely okay with that. I trust you not to get into any trouble here." Ochaco's mom interrupted, catching me muttering. I covered my face with my hands.

"It's okay, Deku." Ochaco grabbed my hands and pulled them away from my face. She let go of one hand and kept hold of the other. The action made my cheeks warm up and I'm sure I looked pretty red.