I am Going Where?

Catalina’s POV

1 more day until summer break. I can’t wait!! My family and I always go to some tropical island or an amusement park for a month. Well hopefully we do something, lately my parents have been fighting well actually my mom and my stepdad. I hope that Connor, my brother, will visit me,

   Connor moved away about 1 ½ years ago. He was 17 when he moved to L.A with his friends from the YouTube channel O2L.

         “Mom, Dad, I am home” I yelled as I walked to the kitchen. No answer. I saw a note on the counter

~Catalina,

We went out for a little while. We will be home soon. We have a surprise for you. Call Connor at 4:30. Love you.

                    -Mom &Dad~

 I looked at the clock, it is only 3:15. I grabbed a pack of Oreos, my favorite snack, and a glass of milk and headed stairs to my room.

     I have black walls and then I have hands, dots and random splatters of hot pink, purple, and my favorite color blue glow in the dark paint. Connor and I painted my room about 3months before Connor moved away. My room is the size of a master bedroom. I have a walk in closet and a master bathroom.  

   I finished my homework and looked at the clock to see that it was 4:30. I pick up the house phone (my parents do not think I need a cell phone) and dial Connor’s number

 “Hello?” said a male voice

“Hi is Connor there?” I asked.

 “Yeah, why do you wanna know?”

“Tell him Catalina is calling”

 “Yo Conner some Catarina girl is on the phone.” yelled who I am guessing is a friend of my brother.

  “Cat are you still there?” I heard Connor’s voice say.

   “Of course I am.” I answered

“Oh cool so have you talked to mom and Ted today?”

“No I haven’t. They said that they will be home soon. And why do you call him Ted still he is better than our real dad so why don’t you just call him dad?” I asked.

“Because I don’t like the idea of a having a dad even if he is nice to us. Anyways how is your last week of school going?”

 “School is good I got a B- on my math final and that was my lowest grade.”

 “That’s great how things with your friend Sasha is? Have you guys worked things out?” Connor asked. Sasha was my best friend but we got in this huge fight because she thought that I was trying to ruin her friendship with Carrie. Connor is the only one in my family who knows what happened my parents still think that I have my best friend Sasha. I have no idea how to tell them that she became a jerk since she meet Carrie over the summer.

  “We decided that we don’t have a lot of trust in our friendship so we are not going to be friends anymore.”

 “Oh Cat I am so sorry about that. I wish I could do something.”

  “It’s fine Connor. Are you come home this summer?” I asked him.

“Catalina I am sorry but…I am not coming home this summer.” He said. I heard the front door slam shut but I was too upset to go see who it is. Connor is not coming home. This will be the first summer that we don’t spend with each other.

  “Oh mom and dad are home. I got to go. Love and miss you bye.” I finally said

“I love and miss you too.” Connor said, “Bye”. I hung up the phone and blinked back the tears I could feel forming and headed down stairs to where my parents were waiting in the kitchen.

“Hi, honey.” Said my mom.

 “Hey.” I answered.

  “Well we need to talk to you.” said my step-dad.

“Okay, what’s up?” I ask.

“Well this summer Ted and I are going on a marriage retreat to help rekindle our love because as you very well know we have been fighting a lot and this trip is going to help us hopefully. So since we are leaving we have decided to get you a present well two actually.” my mother said.

“We got you a laptop and a cell phone so you can contact us no matter what!!” said Ted.

“When are you guys leaving?” I asked

“We are leavening Sunday at 4a.m. and so are you!!”

“Wait I am going somewhere else?” I say

“Well of course you are we are not just going to leave you.” Said my mom.

“Where am I going?”
“ You get to spend the whole summer with Connor! “Said my mom.

“Really I get to live in L.A. for three months!?!?” I squealed.

“You better start packing.” Said Ted.