Foreword

I think it's obvious by now what this story is based on. If you've been living under a rock for the past few years and are clueless, it is based off of a video game called Among Us. Said game is, in my opinion, cleverly made and fun to play. If I'm being honest with myself, I think I'm developing an unhealthy obsession.

^2022 edit: the developers and community ruined the game :(

Anyway, one of the most fascinating parts to me is that it's not just a mindless game. There is logic to it, social deduction, and a need to pay attention. It also has some deeper parts that not everyone is aware of. Parts that I felt a need to explore. There is an entire backstory of what is happening in the story that we are clueless about: How did they get up there? How do they know there is an impostor? The terror and uncertainty of being a crewmate is impossible to include in the game and must be imagined by the player. And converting the jellybeans into humans doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the storyline, but it was still a fun twist. And, actually, a necessary one . . . like I said earlier, we know very little about the game's lore.

I wanted to make this somewhat realistic, but since I have a limited idea of what space training/working/travel/everything is like, that's kind of hard. I imagine this story to take place somewhere in the 2040s when there is much more technology or whatever, so I can use my imagination more. Any writer out there can agree that using your imagination is half the fun.

Quick rating, like always: There are moderate depictions of violence and gore, a generally dark storyline, brief substance use (no abuse), very brief sexually suggestive content (nothing explicit), and strong language. By strong language, I mean "common" swears that everyone knows--no offensive slang or derogatory terms. None of that is ever used by me. 

Thanks to @UsaGamerGirl and @Pop10dragon for being my partners in crime and helping me out! (Pun not intended)

Writing start date: 11/20/20

 Writing end date: 12/1/20

Editing start date: 12/4/21

 Editing end date: 7/29/22 (but I'm kinda always editing lol)

I had an idea, some inspiration, and a ton of free time.

Page count: 97

Word count: 19,232

Now that this is over with, I'll just get to the story before you leave out of boredom. Try to figure out who the impostor is before the story ends!